Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lightroom Classic missing Import button - Not solved by reinstalling Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite DDR4
CPU
i5-13600KF
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Hi,

I've had 5 Hackintoshes, since when it was waaay more difficult than today. I got quite a bit of knowledge...but I can't solve this problem!

I was on 12.6.2, everything was fine. I decided to go 13.1...

Everything works exept Lightroom Classic. It MISSES the import button, even in the file menu there's no import...and if I switch to develop module it prompts an error, closes and crashes. Even just lunching the app, doing nothing, and closing it...it crashes.

After many tryouts I decided to go back to Monterey, installed it on a clean drive, installed Lightroom, and...SAME PROBLEM! How is it even possible?

This is what I tried:

-go back to my previous backed up 0.8.4 EFI folder
-reset Nvram
-install a previous version of Lr
-Install Ventura on a clean drive
-Install Monterey on a clean drive
-reset BIOS and set it up again

NO LUCK! So weird! I thougth it was a Ventura problem since before it all was fine

How is it possible than an update screw something on my entire machine, that even if i reinstall Monterey from scratch on a clean disk, install a clean (payed version) of Lr, use my old 0.8.4 EFI folder that worked before, I get the same problem?

What can the Ventura update have done to my machine that survives a clean install, Nvram reset, old EFI folder...? I going crazy! Help! :)

This post may help - You are not alone.
Thanks! What drives me crazy is that it was working fine before the update... so the update must have changed something in my...hardware!? BIOS!? Don't think that's possible! How is it possible that I get the same problem with a fresh Monterey install...old EFi, exatly as it was when it was working...

Yup. Exact problem here too. Have tried literally everything.

Do you have any thunderbolt devices connected? What ssd do you use as a boot drive?
Just trying to pinpoint if we have anything in common. My hunch is something to do with VT-d tables and AppleVTD - but anybody guess is as good as mine. My problem started with z590 vision G w 11900K. LRC12 worked somehow for me for a while and then stopped. Transferred my SSD to a new board and that didn't fix the issue (haven't had time to try re-installing os on top ec.)

On my other Mac LRC works like intended with latest updates (that doesn't have TB)

@brixx you are on the machine in signature or other one? which BIOS version? Plus what sysdef for MacOS? last but not least how did you go towards Ventura 13.1, upgrading directly on the same boot disc?

@brixx you are on the machine in signature or other one? which BIOS version? Plus what sysdef for MacOS? last but not least how did you go towards Ventura 13.1, upgrading directly on the same boot disc?
Yes, signature. Imac 20.1. Updated directly but also tried fresh install both Monterrey and Ventures. Same issue. What I just realized though is that I think I was on 12.6.1, while just a week ago 12.6.2 was released.... So that might be the problem! Some security related issue in 13.1 and 16.6.2!!! It must be... Cause a fresh Monterey jns with my old working EFI still gives me the problem... So...

So things I've ruled out. Not SMBIOS related (tried multiple - with multiple reinstalls). Not a system permissions problem, kextcache or wheel - related. Not related to catalogs or GPU acceleration on LRC software side - as not related to anything on presets or settings on user/library.

The problem literally persists on freshly installed OS on previously empty SSD with only default user and newly installed CC.

That said - I'm thinking it's got something to do with MMU and VT-d. The problems started with me on 12.3 update at the same time with AQ 10GBE problems. I had weird problems with my Gigabyte z590 vision d board. Will try to troubleshoot more when time (and now with a new board).

That said - I'm thinking it's got something to do with MMU and VT-d. The problems started with me on 12.3 update at the same time with AQ 10GBE problems. I had weird problems with my Gigabyte z590 vision d board. Will try to troubleshoot more when time (and now with a new board).
Do you have Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I with what BIOS version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back