Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I'm stuck at the "Internal screen showing black and only being able to see the OS through an HDMI monitor".

So I found that the solution is to patch my IOKit but when I try to check that is "vanilla" and it hasn't been touched, then that shows up. Should I just reinstall and start from scratch?

Make sure you follow the instructions for patching IOKit carefully.

The internal screen will not work without IOKit correctly patched and the correct framebuffer configuration in use.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I'm stuck at the "Internal screen showing black and only being able to see the OS through an HDMI monitor".

So I found that the solution is to patch my IOKit but when I try to check that is "vanilla" and it hasn't been touched, then that shows up. Should I just reinstall and start from scratch?

@Rehabman

He is not checking the file properly.

Check it with md5. It seems like you want to access a Version file/folder from the IOKit.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

@Rehabman

He is not checking the file properly.

Check it with md5. It seems like you want to access a Version file/folder from the IOKit.

I noticed... but couldn't really tell from the image what was being attempted (whether the patch or checking the md5). It appears as someone trying to double click on an .sh file from Finder and expect it to do something that makes sense.

Patching iokit will require a Terminal session and invoking the .sh with sudo...

I figured it was just a case of not reading the instructions carefully...

I think part of the problem is that post #1 is written for the 1080p Y50, and there is a fair bit different for the QHD+ Y50. Enough different, it would be better to have a separate guide. Much of the information for QHD+ is actually in the-darkvoid's Dell 9530 thread. Someone with a QHD+ Y50 needs to intelligently combine information from this thread with that thread for a workable solution.

For those that have already been through a QHD+ Y50 install, it might be a good contribution to provide a separate guide... (hint, hint...)

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

If a certain someone is going to pick that up, I would just create a copy of my repository and update the files / patches as necessary.

Everything is nearly in place, its just a matter of overwriting the patches with Y50 specific ones.
After that it will be an automated script.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I was following this guide and extracted ACPI files via clover but couldn't disassemble all SSDT DSDT files together only in two separate groups: SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml in first iteration and the rest separately.

If I try all of them together I get: Couldn't parse ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

And if I try all of them separately some of them complain about external control methods.

What is the right way to solve this problem?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I was following this guide and extracted ACPI files via clover but couldn't disassemble all SSDT DSDT files together only in two separate groups: SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml in first iteration and the rest separately.

If I try all of them together I get: Couldn't parse ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

And if I try all of them separately some of them complain about external control methods.

What is the right way to solve this problem?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Yes I was following that guide.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi, I have 3 errors when I compile my DSDT, and I can't get a full QE/CI of Intel HD 4600, can you please help me.

View attachment DSDT.aml

sorry for my english i speak Spanish

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Yes the solution was to extract it under Linux.
Thank you.

If I may suggest you should highlight that, using Linux to extract ACPI tables is the recommended way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back