Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You dont need to disable nVidia in BIOS. also turn of intel injection in the config plist.

With 1080p, it should not be necessary to turn off Inject/Intel. That is only for QHD+. The OP probably has something else wrong in their EFI config, which is why I asked for it.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you, now the installer boots successfully.

As I've seen OSX prefers GUID Partition Scheme, but I would like to use the old MBR type.

Would I get any noticable drawbacks from installing OSX on an MBR type HDD?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Thank you, now the installer boots successfully.

As I've seen OSX prefers GUID Partition Scheme, but I would like to use the old MBR type.

Would I get any noticable drawbacks from installing OSX on an MBR type HDD?

The OS X installer *requires* GPT.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

EDIT:
Whole post removed due to Rule violations.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

I've seen a patch floating around that would allow installing on MBR partition.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/319-yosemite-mbr-patch/

Please read the rules before you post anything else: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

Rules said:
This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

You need to use a different ig-platform-id with that QHD display. And there are other requirements. Patching IOKit for example. The details are in this thread.

Get the Lenovo BCM94352Z, its supported in OS X and allows Handoff / Continuity.

Was my IOKit modified? (See picture)
Do I need to redo a clean install?

Attachments

• IMG_20150207_180855.jpg
    IMG_20150207_180855.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 107
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Whatever you're trying to show, it does not look like a success.

I'm stuck at the "Internal screen showing black and only being able to see the OS through an HDMI monitor".

So I found that the solution is to patch my IOKit but when I try to check that is "vanilla" and it hasn't been touched, then that shows up. Should I just reinstall and start from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back