Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 with Clover

You might try disabling nvidia. Also try setting the screen resolution in config.plist (try various values). Also, does it happen after display sleep/wake?

The patch used by OatmealDome is somewhat unconventional (eg. cursor bytes 0mb is an unusual choice). You could experiment with different values.

I don't see anything wrong with QE/CI setup from ioreg.

Disable nvidia in BIOS?

I'll try with the screen resolutions.

The screen flicker happens on my laptop screen all the time. The other weird texture happens on my extended monitor when a new app is open or closed etc

Disable nvidia in BIOS?

Yes (don't forget to repatch DSDT after major BIOS changes). Or disable with DSDT/SSDT patches.

You might also check the new Azul binary to be certain the patch still applies. The patch OatmealDome is using is very long, and likely to be very brittle (eg. likely to break with updates).

Yes (don't forget to repatch DSDT after major BIOS changes). Or disable with DSDT/SSDT patches.

You might also check the new Azul binary to be certain the patch still applies. The patch OatmealDome is using is very long, and likely to be very brittle (eg. likely to break with updates).

Do you think config.plist could help to figure the bug?

Also is there an option to revert the update? it is kinda crazy to work on a possessed screen.

Last edited:

This undoubtedly the problem. The Find pattern can no longer be found in the Azul binary...

Take a close look at the patch against the new binary and you'll see...

Also is there an option to revert the update? it is kinda crazy to work on a possessed screen.

It is called a 'backup'. Perhaps you've heard of it... It is something you create prior to applying an update.

This undoubtedly the problem. The Find pattern can no longer be found in the Azul binary...

Take a close look at the patch against the new binary and you'll see...

Quick update. The screen is stable with that graphic patches when DSDT/SSDT are disabled.

Quick update. The screen is stable with that graphic patches when DSDT/SSDT are disabled.

Without the DSDT, you're not injecting ig-platform-id, and therefore the graphics drivers are not loading...

The patch is ineffective as the 'Find' pattern cannot be found in the Azul binary.

Personally, I'd try using 0xa260006 (it is already 32mb, 19mb framebuffer, 6mb cursor bytes). Then patch it as necessary... A 9mb cursor bytes patch is easily found (or easily changed to zero). And HMDI patches are also readily available.

It is called a 'backup'. Perhaps you've heard of it... It is something you create prior to applying an update.

Hey RehabMan, totally forgot about the TIME MACHINE. I restored everything but now a new issue with booting. It says boot mac osx from yosemite (hibernated) and when I click on it it reboots.

Hey RehabMan, totally forgot about the TIME MACHINE. I restored everything but now a new issue with booting. It says boot mac osx from yosemite (hibernated) and when I click on it it reboots.

Hit space bar for additional Clover options.

Will take a screenshot and post it shortly. I have a hunch that the resulting screenshot will look normal.

The bios is a patched backup image of my bios. I did this in part to remove the wifi whitelist in the event that I want to swap out the unsupported wifi for something that is more OSX friendly.

EDIT: The screenshot looks glorious.

hey guys!

hope you are good,

Did someone manage to sort the 4k display out?

Also, I am sure you know about the poor yellow reproduction of the 4k display, is there any option to fix it with the unlocked bios?? @niceidiot

Thank you very much!

best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back