Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Make sure you created the USB correctly and check your BIOS settings (UEFI enabled, secure boot disabled, etc.).
I did. But when Secure Boot marked Disabled, Secure Boot Status still said Enabled and can not be changed :(

I did. But when Secure Boot marked Disabled, Secure Boot Status still said Enabled and can not be changed :(

Reset to defaults. Then change as needed.

Reset to defaults. Then change as needed.
Already did and nothing change. It seem that v2.01 block option to boot from EFI USB and other untrusted EFI boot. And there is an option namge Reset Factory Key, and I don't what is that :)

Already did and nothing change. It seem that v2.01 block option to boot from EFI USB and other untrusted EFI boot. And there is an option namge Reset Factory Key, and I don't what is that :)

No idea without seeing some screens of your BIOS and an idea of what exactly you did to prepare your USB. If you're saying the USB works on another computer, then it must be a BIOS problem or a problem with the USB ports. For example, my u430 BIOS will not recognize a certain USB3 stick I have unless it is plugged in via a powered USB2 hub.

No idea without seeing some screens of your BIOS and an idea of what exactly you did to prepare your USB. If you're saying the USB works on another computer, then it must be a BIOS problem or a problem with the USB ports. For example, my u430 BIOS will not recognize a certain USB3 stick I have unless it is plugged in via a powered USB2 hub.
After choosing USB as boot drive BIOS immediately pop-up a notice that it block USB from booting.
It means that it can not even boot into clover screen to select further.
BTW I used your guide to make USB boot.
Here are the screen shot of my computer
IMG_20150425_011838_HDR.jpg

After choosing USB as boot drive BIOS immediately pop-up a notice that it block USB from booting.
It means that it can not even boot into clover screen to select further.
BTW I used your guide to make USB boot.
Here are the screen shot of my computer
View attachment 135173

You need to disable secure boot. Make sure you change the setting and save, then verify. Try enabling legacy boot, even though you won't be using it.

You need to disable secure boot. Make sure you change the setting and save, then verify. Try enabling legacy boot, even though you won't be using it.
Already tried all of those. Maybe I need a modified BIOS version

Already tried all of those. Maybe I need a modified BIOS version

Until you get Secure Boot status to show disabled, there is no chance.

I've noticed that even my u430 is buggy with regard to the secure boot setting. You'll need to wiggle it a bit, until it reads as it should and allows non-secure USB boot.

Try setting defaults..., then enable legacy (legacy boot implies secure boot disabled).

Until you get Secure Boot status to show disabled, there is no chance.

I've noticed that even my u430 is buggy with regard to the secure boot setting. You'll need to wiggle it a bit, until it reads as it should and allows non-secure USB boot.

Try setting defaults..., then enable legacy (legacy boot implies secure boot disabled).
Tried everything. Turn on legacy boot does turn off secure boot but only for legacy boot only. As soon as USB boot in UEFI mode it turn on secure boot.

I'm on version 2,01. lenovo really locked down EFI, it prevents you from booting into or even changing secureboot status if Windows boot manager is present and was installed with secureboot enabled. Only thing that works for me is renaming \efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.efi to \efi\microsoft\boot\bootmgfw.<any other extensions>.
If you do not have windows preinstalled, then I suggest you erase your EFI partition, reset UEFI, disable secureboot and boot from clover (as RehabMan) said.
Using OS X 10.10.3 MacBook Pro 11,2 SMBIOS

On a side note, has anyone managed to get HDMI audio working with FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext?
Using a patched ALC283 AppleHDA. Attached are my config and DSDT/SSDTs.
View attachment config.plistView attachment DSDT.amlView attachment SSDT-1.amlView attachment SSDT.aml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back