Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y50 with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Super!

But obviously not all Lenovo Y50s have the same hardware.

Now... what is your point?

Well i m sorry for i didnt qoute the post. anyhow i think latest y50 getting same wifi card with same bluetooth module.

is there any solution to fix this bluetooth?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

is there any solution to fix this bluetooth?

Not that I know of. Of course, the WiFi on the same card isn't supported either and needs to be replaced anyway...

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi Rehabman.

I've done something stupid. I deleted my patched AppleHDA and tried using VoodooHDA since I saw someone here doing a youtube video of their y50 with yosemite and I noticed on the Audio tab he had HDMI so I guessed HDMI audio will work. But it doenst.

So I deleted everything Voodoo related from my system. Installed my last DSDT (I installed a new one without the Layout ID 3 since it breaks Voodoo. So i had to revert back to the one with layout id 3).

Reinstalled your Intel_HDMI FakePCIID but it doesnt work.

HDMI Audio doenst work after reverting back to AppleHDA. It shows up in Audio tab but no in Sound>Output.

What has changed, is something not working ? I attached my config.plist, IOReg with hdmi connected, patchmatic and the kext I use.

Please help ):

Attachments

• no more hdmi sound.zip
    423 KB · Views: 62
[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Hi Rehabman.

I've done something stupid. I deleted my patched AppleHDA and tried using VoodooHDA since I saw someone here doing a youtube video of their y50 with yosemite and I noticed on the Audio tab he had HDMI so I guessed HDMI audio will work. But it doenst.

So I deleted everything Voodoo related from my system. Installed my last DSDT (I installed a new one without the Layout ID 3 since it breaks Voodoo. So i had to revert back to the one with layout id 3).

Reinstalled your Intel_HDMI FakePCIID but it doesnt work.

What has changed, is something not working ? I attached my config.plist, IOReg with hdmi connected, patchmatic and the kext I use.

Please help ):

Your framebuffer is lacking a patch to change the connector-type from <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Your framebuffer is lacking a patch to change the connector-type from <00 04 00 00> to <00 08 00 00>.

I recall it working on this framebuffer before switching to Voodoo.

Where do i find that patch ? What should i do ?

There is a patch in config.plist that does that.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok so right now I'm using this patch which I presume it's not for my framebuffer.

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAAAHAQAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAAAHAQAA</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
</dict>

I saw this patch in your plist for my framebuffer (0x0a26006):
"
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
</dict>
"

So I should replace my current patch with your patch, right ?

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok so right now I'm using this patch which I presume it's not for my framebuffer.

<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAAAHAQAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAAAHAQAA</data>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.10-Azul-Port_0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
</dict>

I saw this patch in your plist for my framebuffer (0x0a26006):
"
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>HDMI-audio, port 0105, 0x0a260005 0x0a260006, 0x0d220003, 0x0a2e000a, 0x0a26000a</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>disabled:AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AQUJAAAEAACHAAAA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AQUJAAAIAACHAAAA</data>
</dict>
"

So I should replace my current patch with your patch, right ?

Yes, but enable it of course.

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Yes, but enable it of course.

Ok , done that. Now it works.

But I still wanna mess with VoodooHDA since it made all my outputs/inputs work (even S/PDIF).

I have a few questions:

1. Does the FakePCIID and HDMI patch interfere with Voodoo ? Since I saw my HDMI device when I had Voodoo but no sound I think that could be a reason.

2. Remember I use a patched AppleHDA from Mirone. Do you think the reason my microphone in doenst work because the Platforms.xml and Pin Configuration is not set up for my laptop in particular ?

3. If you remember I have 2 codec_dumps. The first one just has HDMI and the other has all the other things (that's the good one and I searched for HDMI in it but no entry).

Do you think I can use AppleHDA for HDMI and VoodooHDA for the rest ?

Like this:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...udio-voodoohda-and-applehda-at-the-same-time/

[Guide] Lenovo Y50

Ok , done that. Now it works.

But I still wanna mess with VoodooHDA since it made all my outputs/inputs work (even S/PDIF).

I have a few questions:

1. Does the FakePCIID and HDMI patch interfere with Voodoo ? Since I saw my HDMI device when I had Voodoo but no sound I think that could be a reason.

I haven't had much luck with VoodooHDA. I'm planning to work with it a bit more...

2. Remember I use a patched AppleHDA from Mirone. Do you think the reason my microphone in doenst work because the Platforms.xml and Pin Configuration is not set up for my laptop in particular ?

Yes, it is likely a problem with the xml.

3. If you remember I have 2 codec_dumps. The first one just has HDMI and the other has all the other things (that's the good one and I searched for HDMI in it but no entry).

That is normal. Two separate audio devices, two separate dumps...

Do you think I can use AppleHDA for HDMI and VoodooHDA for the rest ?

Probably with Info.plist modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back