Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I need help installing Yosemite Lenovo Y50-70 UHD, I would need someone very patient to help me step by step. I tried using the new version of Clover UEFI, but I found many problems, I activated in the bios vga intel 4600 UHD but with the screen resolution is too high and when I install osx video is too small. I will have no problems with wifi and bluetooth because I replaced the card with a compatible. But I need the correct proceeded step by step because not everything works. thanks to all. I'm sorry if my english is bad.

Hi, I need help installing Yosemite Lenovo Y50-70 UHD, I would need someone very patient to help me step by step. I tried using the new version of Clover UEFI, but I found many problems, I activated in the bios vga intel 4600 UHD but with the screen resolution is too high and when I install osx video is too small. I will have no problems with wifi and bluetooth because I replaced the card with a compatible. But I need the correct proceeded step by step because not everything works. thanks to all. I'm sorry if my english is bad.
Have you completed the installation?
Below is the guide which you can use for installation and post installation

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

thanks for the reply. I finished with the installation difficulties, but audio, keyboard, touchpad, and video do not work. I used to install usb keyboard and mouse, the video has a black area at the bottom and are only of 32mb ram. then I do not know how to properly install UEFI for dual booting. in short, are inexperienced and driving is not specific to my laptop and I can not understand all the steps.

thanks for the reply. I finished with the installation difficulties, but audio, keyboard, touchpad, and video do not work. I used to install usb keyboard and mouse, the video has a black area at the bottom and are only of 32mb ram. then I do not know how to properly install UEFI for dual booting. in short, are inexperienced and driving is not specific to my laptop and I can not understand all the steps.

Have you completed the Post Installation tasks? Or still booting with USB?

For enabling keyboard and trackpad, you have to use appropriate PS2 Controller kext for your hardware.

For enabling Intel HD graphics and for getting full amount of VRAM you can use Clover Graphics Injection method.

For Audio, first check which Audio Codec you have in your laptop. Then find appropriate AppleHDA.kext and install it through utilities like Kext Wizard or Kext Utility.

UHD is going to provide some challenges. See details in the-darkvoid's Dell guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/144351-guide-dell-xps-9530-using-clover-uefi.html

@RehabMan
Hello
I need trying to install Yosemite on my Y50-70 UHD
I been trying to follow the tread on: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-clover.html

I can't figure out if there was a fix with the video problems.
My brain is over loading reading the back and forth from iPlayGuitar lol. its a lot of info spreadout of 96+ pages.

I've also been watching this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0qraapHtE

I follow everything and install MAC OSX and I can fix the booting from USB but afterwards the video is all messed up super slow and laggy.

Do you know if there was a fix to make the Laptop work well?

Could you tell me what extra steps are involved?

It would help me a lot so I can get my Hackintosh up and running.
-Lupi

@RehabMan
Hello
I need trying to install Yosemite on my Y50-70 UHD
I been trying to follow the tread on: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/153390-guide-lenovo-y50-clover.html

I can't figure out if there was a fix with the video problems.
My brain is over loading reading the back and forth from iPlayGuitar lol. its a lot of info spreadout of 96+ pages.

I've also been watching this :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb0qraapHtE

I follow everything and install MAC OSX and I can fix the booting from USB but afterwards the video is all messed up super slow and laggy.

Do you know if there was a fix to make the Laptop work well?

Could you tell me what extra steps are involved?

It would help me a lot so I can get my Hackintosh up and running.
-Lupi

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Ok,
I updated the info.
Could you review my question and get back to me please?
Thank you

Ok,
I updated the info.
Could you review my question and get back to me please?
Thank you

No screen resolution is specified in your profile. Please read the request carefully.

No screen resolution is specified in your profile. Please read the request carefully.

The resolution was in the signature but I also added it to system.
is it ok now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back