Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y410P Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D FINALLY got it to boot. The problem was the patched kernel. I patched it using your guide on this site with both ACPI + XPCM. Beforehand, I did try it separate (one kernel with just ACPI and another with just XCPM), but I had the same issue. Then, I found your updated guide here and that solved the problem. So to answer the question, I did patch it, but it was *improperly* patched. Now I have two issues (currently): The trackpad does not work (the backlit keyboards and inputs work fine though) and bluetooth. Audio also does not work, but I believe I used the wrong kext. I did install the PS/2 Kext with multibeast 6.1, yet the trackpad doesn't want to work. Will update within an hour or two and give my final results as I'm going to do a fresh install bout now.

:D FINALLY got it to boot. The problem was the patched kernel. I patched it using your guide on this site with both ACPI + XPCM. Beforehand, I did try it separate (one kernel with just ACPI and another with just XCPM), but I had the same issue. Then, I found your updated guide here and that solved the problem. So to answer the question, I did patch it, but it was *improperly* patched.

There is no 'ACPI' patch for mach_kernel (just lapic and xcpm), but OK...

Now I have two issues (currently): The trackpad does not work (the backlit keyboards and inputs work fine though)

What trackpad is in the laptop? What ps2 drivers did you install?

and bluetooth.

Depends on your BT hardware. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Audio also does not work, but I believe I used the wrong kext. I did install the PS/2 Kext with multibeast 6.1, yet the trackpad doesn't want to work. Will update within an hour or two and give my final results as I'm going to do a fresh install bout now.

OK...

Yeah... I meant to say lapic, but autocorrect took over.

Took a little bit, but so far, Everything but Audio and the *touchpad work. Bluetooth does work (had to wait a bit). So now I need the audio and the trackpad

For the audio, my MB has ALC282 and I think that it isn't supported. I can try VooDoo, but idk which one will work...if any.

As for the Touchpad, I can't find any hw info for it. All I know is that it shipped w/ ELAN drivers with windows 8.

For the PS/2, I used MultiBeast 6.1 To install it. Again: I'm not helpful at this point.

Yeah... I meant to say lapic, but autocorrect took over.

Took a little bit, but so far, Everything but Audio and the *touchpad work. Bluetooth does work (had to wait a bit). So now I need the audio and the trackpad

For the audio, my MB has ALC282 and I think that it isn't supported. I can try VooDoo, but idk which one will work...if any.

As for the Touchpad, I can't find any hw info for it. All I know is that it shipped w/ ELAN drivers with windows 8.

For the PS/2, I used MultiBeast 6.1 To install it. Again: I'm not helpful at this point.

You might search for Realtek ALC282 patched AppleHDA (requires DSDT patches too). Otherwise you can patch your own (lots of work)... google 'patch AppleHDA guide'.

If your touchpad is Elan (you should verify in Windows Device Manager), then google for Elan ps2 drivers.

Hey guys, I'm on a Y410p hackintosh currently and can vouch for it. Works well except for brightness control and some hiccups like hdmi and wireless usb dongle interference. I followed a Y510p guide to set up my hackintosh (Don't know if I can link it here...). I'm now set to modify my DSDT to make it better.

Hopefully I can help out once in a while. Good luck! :thumbup:

I'm also lucky to be on a synaptic touchpad that works with VoodooPs2 :)

Ok. I have tried to get the Audio to work. I have attempted to edit the DSDT and still no luck. I have also noticed that the battery percentage does not like to be turned on (it will just check then uncheck and won't turn on). I did manage to find the right kext for the audio and the trackpad. The trackpad works perfectly fine. So I now need to get audio and I should be done (If you need my DSDT file, I can attach it).

Based on the guide that came with the ALC282 zip file, "The layout ID that needs to be set to is 1 under the HDEF" is basically what it says. I go under the HDEF (using DSDT editor) and replaced from where method starts on down. I've also added it only replacing text that isn't used and still no luck.

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {
                    Store (Package (0x0c)
                    {                        
                        "built-in", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x00
                        }, 
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                       "PinConfigurations", 
                       Buffer (0x00)
                       {
                           0x00
                       }
                    }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

This was what's in the readme file

Based on the guide that came with the ALC282 zip file, "The layout ID that needs to be set to is 1 under the HDEF" is basically what it says. I go under the HDEF (using DSDT editor) and replaced from where method starts on down. I've also added it only replacing text that isn't used and still no luck.

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)                {
                    Store (Package (0x0c)
                    {                        
                        "built-in", 
                        Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x00
                        }, 
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 
                       "PinConfigurations", 
                       Buffer (0x00)
                       {
                           0x00
                       }
                    }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

This was what's in the readme file

Did you also apply "IRQ Fix"? See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch. IRQ Fix patch is often needed to make AppleHDA work.

Also, it is best to verify the AppleHDA is as the instructions say. Look at AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist and see what layotu-id is called out by the HDAConfigDefault section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back