Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I think this is a pretty popular gaming laptop. The specs are given below:

CPU Type Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 3300 MHz (33 x 100)
Motherboard Name Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P
Motherboard Chipset Intel Lynx Point HM86, Intel Haswell
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M (2 GB), Intel HD Graphics 4600
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC282 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]

Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller
Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter
Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 + HS
SD Card Reader

I am wondering how is the compatibility of this Laptop for OSX 10.8/10.9; which hardwares are expected to /not to work?

Thank you very much for the help!

I think this is a pretty popular gaming laptop. The specs are given below:

CPU Type Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 3300 MHz (33 x 100)
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC282 @ Intel Lynx Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]

SD Card Reader

I am wondering how is the compatibility of this Laptop for OSX 10.8/10.9; which hardwares are expected to /not to work?

Thank you very much for the help!

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/laptop-compatibility/106791-laptop-compatibility.html

You have nvidia optimus (graphics switching), so you'll only be able to use HD4000.

AR9485 WiFi is not supported, but you can usually replace it with something compatible.

Not sure about the Ethernet (there is an Atheros driver in Multibeast, but you would need device-ids from your ethernet device to tell whether it is covered by that kext).

Hi. I know this is an old thread and 10.9.1 is out now, but I am constantly trying to install and run mavericks. I have the same y410p u have with the same specs. Every time I attempt to run Mavericks on my USB, my laptop auto reboots. I solved that problem by swapping the mach_kernel to one that I found with better haswell support on laptops. That solved my problem on the installation portion, but every time I boot normally after installing, it gets to the DSMOS has arrived followed by a Bluetooth connection established, but it stays there. I wait for about twenty to thirty minutes, but nothing happens. I have not seen any notable or blaring errors when booting verbose without any other flags. I tried every bootflag I can think of, but I still get the same results. So, I have to resort to going into safe mode. If u were successful in installing Mavericks, what did u do? And what kexts did u install from multibeast (if u used it)?

Hi. I know this is an old thread and 10.9.1 is out now, but I am constantly trying to install and run mavericks. I have the same y410p u have with the same specs. Every time I attempt to run Mavericks on my USB, my laptop auto reboots. I solved that problem by swapping the mach_kernel to one that I found with better haswell support on laptops. That solved my problem on the installation portion, but every time I boot normally after installing, it gets to the DSMOS has arrived followed by a Bluetooth connection established, but it stays there. I wait for about twenty to thirty minutes, but nothing happens. I have not seen any notable or blaring errors when booting verbose without any other flags. I tried every bootflag I can think of, but I still get the same results. So, I have to resort to going into safe mode. If u were successful in installing Mavericks, what did u do? And what kexts did u install from multibeast (if u used it)?

It is a graphics issue. Boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

Do that until you can properly implement power management and inject the correct ig-platform-id to get graphics working.

I managed to boot using the Boot flags listed (I think I tried that set before) and I managed to get into safe mode. I forgot to mention in the first post that I knew the graphics were a problem since the 750m wasn't supported. Me being a noob at Hackintosh, how exactly would I do the second part (the power management and ig-platform-id)?

I managed to boot using the Boot flags listed (I think I tried that set before) and I managed to get into safe mode. I forgot to mention in the first post that I knew the graphics were a problem since the 750m wasn't supported. Me being a noob at Hackintosh, how exactly would I do the second part (the power management and ig-platform-id)?

First you need to fill out your profile, because I have not a clue anymore about what hardware you have.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

It's the identical laptop as the OP, except mine reaches 2.4GHz and is not OC'd

CPU Type Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 2.4GHz

SD Card Reader

As for screen res: 1600x900

EDIT: This may or may not help, but I'm installing Mavericks on a 500gb Hard drive connected on the USB 3.0 port on the laptop. If I have to switch ports, then I can do so as it works on the other 2 USB ports.

SD Card Reader

EDIT: This may or may not help, but I'm installing Mavericks on a 500gb Hard drive connected on the USB 3.0 port on the laptop. If I have to switch ports, then I can do so as it works on the other 2 USB ports.

Put the information in your profile. Thanks!

SD Card Reader

A few notes:
- you will need to remove the nvidia kexts (NV*, Geforce*) if you can't disable it from bios
- you will need to boot with IGPEnabler=N -x (at least) until you set your ig-platform-id
- for ig-platform-id, see:
Chimera: http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html
Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-and-haswell-inject-aaplig-platform-id/
If you're using Clover, the information in either of those threads is helpful.
- you will need to patch mach_kernel to avoid early reboot
- AR9485 is not supported, you'll need to replace it
- try the Atheros Ethernet kext in Multibeast for your Ethernet chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back