Motherboard
Lenovo Y410p
CPU
i7-4700MQ / HM86
Graphics
GT 750M & HD 4600, 1600x900
[SOLVED] Lenovo Y410p Clover Booting Hangs

Hi, everyone.
I have recently updated Mavericks on my Lenovo Y410p from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4. Then I got this problem:
If I choose "Boot in verbose mode", Clover hangs at:
Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020140917%20200134.jpg
If I choose "Boot without cache", the system seems to load but hangs after printing some lines. Here's what it looks like:
Evernote Camera Roll 20140917 010948.jpg
I am using customized DSDT with Clover ver 2870 (I've tried 2 other versions but got the same result)
The kext I have in Clover's folder is: FakeSMC.kext, HWInfo.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext
I also have a few other kext installed in S/L/E (List not available at the moment)
My assumption is that one of the kext is causing this mess but I have no clue to figure out which one it is.
I would really appreciate it if some one can offer some help or advice on this :)
Thank you.

Neo

P.S. Here's the DSDT files I used.
View attachment ssdt-3.aml
View attachment ssdt.aml
View attachment ssdt-4.aml
View attachment ssdt-1.aml
View attachment ssdt-5.aml
View attachment ssdt-2.aml
View attachment DSDT.aml

Hi, everyone.
I have recently updated Mavericks on my Lenovo Y410p from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4. Then I got this problem:
Code:
blahblahblah
boot file path: blahblahblah
If I choose "Boot without cache", the system seems to load but hangs after printing some lines. Here's what it looks like:
View attachment 104374
I am using customized DSDT with Clover ver 2870 (I've tried 2 other versions but got the same result)
The kext I have in Clover's folder is: FakeSMC.kext, HWInfo.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext
I also have a few other kext installed in S/L/E (List not available at the moment)
My assumption is that one of the kext is causing this mess but I have no clue to figure out which one it is.
I would really appreciate it if some one can offer some help or advice on this :)
Thank you.

Neo

View attachment 104378
View attachment 104375
View attachment 104379
View attachment 104376
View attachment 104380
View attachment 104377
View attachment 104381

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

:) Thanks for your suggestion. I have updated my profile.

Hi, everyone.
Code:
blahblahblah
boot file path: blahblahblah

Show actual photo.

View attachment 104374
Thank you.

Neo

View attachment 104378
View attachment 104375
View attachment 104379
View attachment 104376
View attachment 104380
View attachment 104377
View attachment 104381

It looks like a graphics issue. Your DSDT is injecting ig-platform-id, so assuming your config.plist isn't doing anything wrong, it should work as before. Unless with the update you need a different ig-platform-id... (you could try the others).... Also, make sure you have unmodified Intel HD kexts installed...

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm now testing with other platform-id.
The screen in the first situation looks like this:
Evernote%20Camera%20Roll%2020140917%20200134.jpg
And here's the View attachment config.plist that I'm using.
The driver for Intel HD 4600 seems to be AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, I'm not sure if I have modified it or not.

Neo

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm now testing with other platform-id.
The screen in the first situation looks like this:
View attachment 104497
And here's the View attachment 104498 that I'm using.
The driver for Intel HD 4600 seems to be AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext, I'm not sure if I have modified it or not.

Neo

That config.plist is no good. You also possibly have other issues with your Clover setup (selection of UEFI drivers).

See here for better config.plist you can start with: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

Make sure to add: dart=0 nv_disable=1

Thank you for your quick reply. Could you please tell me which part of the config.plist file do you think is potentially affecting the performance? :)
Thanks.

Neo

Could you please tell me which part of the config.plist file do you think is potentially affecting the performance? :)

Not worth it really. There is a bunch of options set in there, some which can be bad, some of which I know are wrong, and some which I have no idea what they do (and probably you don't either). Just because an option sounds like you might want it, doesn't mean you should use it. With Clover, often times, less is more.

That's why I pointed you at the source for better config.plist.

Not worth it really. There is a bunch of options set in there, some which can be bad, some of which I know are wrong, and some which I have no idea what they do (and probably you don't either). Just because an option sounds like you might want it, doesn't mean you should use it. With Clover, often times, less is more.

That's why I pointed you at the source for better config.plist.
Hi, RehabMan

Thank you very much!:thumbup: I modified the config.plist according to the example you provided me and now it's working! Although I had to reinstall Mavericks due to some unrecoverable errors in the Volume made by HFS+ for Windows.

Neo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back