Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo W530
CPU
Intel i7
Graphics
Intel HD 2000
let's get this over with: when it comes to Clover & hackintoshing, I'm a total n00b. However, I work at MS, and I'm a pretty savvy dev, so I'm up to speed on hacking around in general.

I just started looking into tonymac & clover today, and on a whim, followed the very basic instructions for unibeast & sierra and got the W530 booted up into a workable Mac shell. I was stunned. It's so much more simple now than 10 years ago! Nice work, whoever did this. I saw a lot of other posts with people with W530's but none on Sierra, so I thought I would post here rather than read many many pages of what didn't work for them, or stuff they can't figure. I don't care what doesn't work in OS Lion, I want to know what doesn't work on OS Sierra! (right?!)

I'm booted up, and the Lenovo keyboard doesn't work, nor does it's track pad, or the little red button mouse. Wifi doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure bluetooth is missing too. no sound, no output device, no input device...

What DID work is that I had the BIOS set to NVidia's Discrete graphics, not the Intel integrated graphics.

Now, need to figure out how to proceed from here... Anybody know how to get the above things working? Especially the audio? I don't know the difference between a kext, a DSDT, or an SSDT, but I can follow some posts, if any of you can point me to them.

Thanks

Read the guide. Hoping for somebody who's specifically dealt with this audio chipset to give me a shortcut to me going around and trying to hack up an AppleHDA, or whatever. something simple. I did find the PS2 driver for the keyboard and the trackpad, and it worked dandy. Now, need to figure out audio, badly, or this is all for naught. Wifi would be nice, but it's not necessary, and I already know in advance my BIOS is whitelisted for Wifi cards so I probably need to buy something specific.

In other words, can somebody point me to a hint for audio for this W530? Who's done it before? I read up and there are a lot of dead-ends for the W530.

let's get this over with: when it comes to Clover & hackintoshing, I'm a total n00b. However, I work at MS, and I'm a pretty savvy dev, so I'm up to speed on hacking around in general.

I just started looking into tonymac & clover today, and on a whim, followed the very basic instructions for unibeast & sierra and got the W530 booted up into a workable Mac shell. I was stunned. It's so much more simple now than 10 years ago! Nice work, whoever did this. I saw a lot of other posts with people with W530's but none on Sierra, so I thought I would post here rather than read many many pages of what didn't work for them, or stuff they can't figure. I don't care what doesn't work in OS Lion, I want to know what doesn't work on OS Sierra! (right?!)

I'm booted up, and the Lenovo keyboard doesn't work, nor does it's track pad, or the little red button mouse. Wifi doesn't work, and I'm pretty sure bluetooth is missing too. no sound, no output device, no input device...

What DID work is that I had the BIOS set to NVidia's Discrete graphics, not the Intel integrated graphics.

Now, need to figure out how to proceed from here... Anybody know how to get the above things working? Especially the audio? I don't know the difference between a kext, a DSDT, or an SSDT, but I can follow some posts, if any of you can point me to them.

Thanks

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Grrr. I know how to google stuff. I'm good at it. This hackintosh stuff, while documented in a lot of different ways, isn't documented well. somebody needs an editor, and a lay-person who goes through this stuff from scratch.

Used the Linux Live boot disk, and found out my audio system is an ALC269(VC).

At this point, I'm not sure if I need to use a kext, a DSDT, or an ACPI patch. Too many acronyms, not not a straight-forward path to figure this stuff out.

At this point, I'm not sure if I need to use a kext, a DSDT, or an ACPI patch. Too many acronyms, not not a straight-forward path to figure this stuff out.

You need a patched AppleHDA that matches your codec and correct ACPI patches that match that AppleHDA (layout id is an arbitrary choice by the person creating it).

Details/links in the FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

DSDT is part of ACPI. You can read about it in the ACPI specification, or probably even on wikipedia.

So, so, so not worth this professional's time. I went out and bought a MacBook pro. Done and done.

So, so, so not worth this professional's time. I went out and bought a MacBook pro. Done and done.

Yes, it is not about saving money. It is about learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back