Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo V330-15IKB (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD 620
Previously working configuration: OpenCore 0.7.6, Monterey 12.1, BIOS not sure but applied an update once after buying the Lenovo in late 2019.

The randomly showing "Volume Hash Mismatch" alert was getting annoying, so I thought updating BIOS, OC, Monterey, and everything might fix that.

The BIOS update applied that broke macOS boot was 6SCN54WW, released July 19, 2021.

I'm thinking I can spend a week rebuilding a bootable USB from scratch. I probably need a new EFI, because I don't think the BIOS update made the laptop incompatible with macOS. But has anyone already encountered this issue and fixed it (aside from creating a new EFI from scratch)?

I'm not sure if a BIOS version rollback is possible or if it's what I want to do as a permanent solution.

Previously working configuration: OpenCore 0.7.6, Monterey 12.1, BIOS not sure but applied an update once after buying the Lenovo in late 2019.

The randomly showing "Volume Hash Mismatch" alert was getting annoying, so I thought updating BIOS, OC, Monterey, and everything might fix that.

The BIOS update applied that broke macOS boot was 6SCN54WW, released July 19, 2021.

I'm thinking I can spend a week rebuilding a bootable USB from scratch. I probably need a new EFI, because I don't think the BIOS update made the laptop incompatible with macOS. But has anyone already encountered this issue and fixed it (aside from creating a new EFI from scratch)?

I'm not sure if a BIOS version rollback is possible or if it's what I want to do as a permanent solution.
Volume Hash Mismatch can normally be solved by running first aid on the drives/partitions

Volume Hash Mismatch can normally be solved by running first aid on the drives/partitions
I know as much so when it's something that can be actually fixed by Disk Utilities. And then, there's the frequent random appearance that seems to be an OS quirk that shows up on healthy volumes. If I were the only one getting it, I would fix my drive, yes.

BIOS update 6SCN54WW bricked my Lenovo as a hackintosh.

I got it back working, pretty much in exactly a week, as I estimated in my first post. I don't know why the fix is working, which is not how I like to "fix" things.

Is there anyone else who is still using a Lenovo V330-15IKB with macOS? Are you interested in system tweaking to figure things out?

The fix itself is easy. I didn't find it mentioned anywhere, or maybe I'm just not good at using the search engine.

Add SSDT-AWAC.aml to APCI. macOS will boot on your Lenovo.

BIOS update 6SCN54WW bricked my Lenovo as a hackintosh.

I got it back working, pretty much in exactly a week, as I estimated in my first post. I don't know why the fix is working, which is not how I like to "fix" things.

Is there anyone else who is still using a Lenovo V330-15IKB with macOS? Are you interested in system tweaking to figure things out?

The fix itself is easy. I didn't find it mentioned anywhere, or maybe I'm just not good at using the search engine.

Add SSDT-AWAC.aml to APCI. macOS will boot on your Lenovo.
Hello my friend, I have the same device as you, thanks to you, I solved the problem that I have been dealing with for a year.
but now i have a different problem.
When I used big sur, my keyboard was working on the opencore screen, but after updating monsteray, my keyboard does not work on the open core boot screen, but it works in the operating system.
did you experience this problem?
Can you share the efi folder with me?

Hi where can I find the Opencore for EFI Lenovo V330-15IKB i7-8550U to run Monterey I been trying to build my Opencore and getting no luck. Can some one post on here please. Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello my friend, I have the same device as you, thanks to you, I solved the problem that I have been dealing with for a year.
but now i have a different problem.
When I used big sur, my keyboard was working on the opencore screen, but after updating monsteray, my keyboard does not work on the open core boot screen, but it works in the operating system.
did you experience this problem?
Can you share the efi folder with me?
If that's the case, you need to add/enable the following driver under UEFI > Drivers:

OpenUsbKbDxe.efi

i did but it doesn't work
Reboot the system with ResetNVRAM. If it still doesn’t work make sure SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, SSDT-GPIO, SSDT-UIAC and USBInjectAll are enabled. Then look at your kexts and make sure you have the following enabled:

VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CElan.kext
VoodooInput.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Hi, can you share EFI folder for lenovo v330 with monterey? trying to install but stuck at

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]​

Hi, can you share EFI folder for lenovo v330 with monterey? trying to install but stuck at

[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]​

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back