Contribute
Register

Lenovo U510 - Graphics? (HD4000) - Internet? (RTL8100/01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77A-G43
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
Radeon HD 6950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,
This laptop is troubling :confused:
Everytime I boot into Mavericks, I have to use the following flags to get it to work:
-x GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003
If I used graphicsenabler, no image. If I didn't use -x for setup, it would stay at white screen and :beachball: forever. I got it to install with -x flag.
Come post-install, if I don't use -x flag the GUI doesn't start and apple screen forever. In details, it shows me Intel HD 4000
ID 0166
Revision 0009
and QE/CI isn't enabled.
I haven't added or deleted any kexts, so further instruction would be great! Please enlighten me as to why this has

For ethernet, even when nothing is plugged in, it has a self assigned IP. I tried vanilla and Lnx2Mac kexts with the same results. Again, model is RTL8100/01.
Help Appreciated!

You need to install FakeSMC.kext and patched AppleIntelPowerManagement.kext they are both in Multibeast ..

You're on point with the graphics injection there you'll eventually want to move to DSDT patching after you get those two kexts. Read the U310/U410 threads they are very similar. Try the official realtek kext for ethernet it is also in multi beast.. its not the best driver but if we have the same chipset (I have U410) its RTL8105E and lnx2mac doesn't support it..

Thank you, I figured out the graphics. Can you give me some links to the official Realtek kexts? I'm having trouble finding them.

Can you tell me plz what you did about your Graphic Card .. Because I also must every time I boot I must use 166 0009 ... and I became bored already from doing this each time :(

Thank you, I figured out the graphics. Can you give me some links to the official Realtek kexts? I'm having trouble finding them.

It is a single kext it is included in multibeast in the downloads section here on tonymac, read the description for the network drivers one of them is the official realtek kext

Can you tell me plz what you did about your Graphic Card .. Because I also must every time I boot I must use 166 0009 ... and I became bored already from doing this each time :(

You need to extract and patch your DSDT. Read the U310/U410 threads there is plenty of recent and good information

It is a single kext it is included in multibeast in the downloads section here on tonymac, read the description for the network drivers one of them is the official realtek kext

That was the one I tried before Lnx2Mac's one. Neither worked.

Thx man .. but I wish it will work cuz all threads speak about 6 series mobo with HD 4000 or 7 series with HD 3000 but none speak about HD 4000 with 7 Series mobo like mine (HM76) :(

You could use DSDT patches. What resolution is your screen (just to verify)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back