Contribute
Register

Lenovo Thinkpad T440p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes is using the vanilla kexts, make sure that you use the same platformid (0x0a260005)

My latest installation was for Yosemite, but it worked just fine for El Capitan.

If you are using the same files I posted, try removing the DSDT and SSDT.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried 05 and 06 for ig-platform-id but I'm getting issues with video playback. mp4 works but avi don't. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the reply. I have tried 05 and 06 for ig-platform-id but I'm getting issues with video playback. mp4 works but avi don't. Any thoughts?

Try using my whole CLOVER folder, just remove the ACPI/patched files.

So if you open the DVD player on your T440p it doesn't spit the dummy?

So if you open the DVD player on your T440p it doesn't spit the dummy?

Unfortunately I no longer have OSX installed in that laptop. But I don't remember any glitches/issues with the graphics.

Did you forget to install the required FakePCIID kexts?

I have it in Clover/kext do I need it on S/L/E also?

It depends on whether FakeSMC is installed to system volume or not.

Kexts in Clover/kexts are not injected when FakeSMC is installed to the system volume (in kernel cache) and config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect.

All kexts should be installed to the system volume. Kext injection is only for the installer and recovery partition.

Ok so FakeSMC was on the system volume so I guess Detect was injecting the kexts. Im sure i was told to do it that way to make upgrades easier. Anyway I have copied all the Clover kexts into /S/L/E with Kext Utility. The graphics drivers will no load so I had to boot by disabling Inject Intel.

USB 3 drivers still don't seem to have loaded.

Attachments

• Ian’s MacBook-2.ioreg
    5.2 MB · Views: 162
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 113
Ok so FakeSMC was on the system volume so I guess Detect was injecting the kexts.

No. KextInjection is disabled when FakeSMC is installed to the system volume.

The graphics drivers will no load so I had to boot by disabling Inject Intel.

No expectation of working graphics without Inject/Intel=true.

You should work on one thing at a time...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Ok so FakeSMC was on the system volume so I guess Detect was injecting the kexts. Im sure i was told to do it that way to make upgrades easier. Anyway I have copied all the Clover kexts into /S/L/E with Kext Utility. The graphics drivers will no load so I had to boot by disabling Inject Intel.

Your ioreg indicates you're running 10.11 (.2?). Why are you posting in the Yosemite forum?

Why are you not running the latest 10.11?

See USB guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

You should probably start over:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back