Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update with Kext and DSDT

Pretty cool Macbook pro like ultrabook. Usable at 90% with moutain lion. Only few features are not working so need your experience to get it work.

Specs:
CPU type Intel Core i3 3217U (Ivy Bridge)
CPU speed 1700 Mhz
Graphics HD400/Nvidia GeForce 610M nvidia optimus
RAM 8GB, 750GB HD, 32GB SSD
Sound chipset Connexant cx20590
LAN Realtek RTL8105E , WLAN atheros ar5b95 (combo BT ar3011 Wifi ar9285)
Card reader
2x USB3 port éx USB2 port
Webcam
Synaptic touchpad
HDMI out.

WORKING FEATURES in 10.8.2:
Graphics => HD4000 only (disable optimus in bios) => Efi String injection All OK
Sound => Connexant cx20590 => DSDT injection => Apple HDA patched for cx20590 downloaded from osx86.net (Mic, speaker out, headphone, output autoswith features)
Wifi => Atheros ar9285 => DSDT injection => Detected as airport
Bluetooth => Ateheros ar3011 =>Use Kext from osx86.net
Webcam => Lenovo easy camera => Remove XHCI kext(USB3) in IOUSBFAMILY.Kext and it's OK
USB 2 port => DSDT fix for sleep (EHC1 and EHC2)
Touchpad => Use kext from Multibeast.
HDMI out => Work as soon as HD4000 is enabled but can't get it work with audio.
Sleep => Work as soon as DSDT USB FIX , all usb device kext installed, AppleIntelCPUPowerManangement.Kext from Z580 post. No sleep enabler... needed.
Lid => Lid sleep OK
USB card reader => out of box.

NOT WORKING FEATURES and ANNOYING THINGS that needs help:
Sound trying to enable HDMI Audio with HD4000 but not OK.
USB3 => Only mouse and keyboard works. so i disable the USB3 kext to use it as USB port to get Webcam working as it is attached to a USB3 controller. trying DSDTfix and severals Kext but not OK
Lan => Realtek RTL8105E only work in 10mbps with official drivers. I test all available Kext available on the net but not OK only 10mbps with official drivers.

Wifi and bluetooh not reactivate after sleep. I did a clean install and OK now.
SpeedStep and Turbo boost OK now see page 5

Hey! we got the same BT and WiFi! how did you get those working? my BT sometimes pop in, turning on when in wants to detect a wireless keyboard, sometimes it won't appear at all. I still have problems in getting my ethernet and Wifi work. can you help me?

i have a big problem!
i bought the "old" lenovo u410 with an i3 2376m and intel hd3000

everthing works expect the intel hd 3000, tried a lot of thinks but no full qe/ci :cry: tried with mac osx 10.8.2, 10.8.3 and 10.8.4
tried with kexts and DSDT method..

does anyone have a solution?

Hi guys.

I am new around here. I have a lenovo u410 and trying to instal ML. I've read the posts and saw that some of you managed to installed it with few bugs, or none at all. But there are so many posts and so many ideas, bugfixes it is hard to see which one is the best.
Can anybody please post a walk-through by steps and the files needed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi again,
I have 2 problems. 1st is that I don`t have sound via HDMI a 2nd is that I must start OSX twice, becouse when I start system it stop booting and it says: System uptime nanoseconds: weird long number. When I turn off notebook and start it again, everything works fine. Any ideas? :confused:

Hi again,
I have 2 problems. 1st is that I don`t have sound via HDMI a 2nd is that I must start OSX twice, becouse when I start system it stop booting and it says: System uptime nanoseconds: weird long number. When I turn off notebook and start it again, everything works fine. Any ideas? :confused:

2nd problem: Tried disabling kext cache?
Its the -f flag in chameleon..
Also try booting in verbose to see why osx panics the first time.

Argyle's posts have inspired me to do a clean install (I was never able to get ethernet working properly anyways)

I've installed OSX via USB and rebooted. What are my next steps from here? I've attempted to make a DSDT file using MaciASL. What patches are recommended to apply to the DSDT file? Should I be avoiding hrakoto's extras? Any recommended selections within MultiBeast or kexts?

Thanks in advance.

Add these files to posters zip for sound and speedstep+turbo.

I got the AppleHDA and Framebuffer from the u310 thread. Supposedly HDMI audio works, I havent any hdmi to test it. Includes Latest Kext Wizard and Cameleon Wizard. Using Cameleon 2622 + Drop SSDT and dsdt.aml enables speedstep+turbo upto x26 2.6ghz. smbios macbook pro8,1. No need for Multibeast. Use Rehab's VoodooPS2 included and FakeSMC.

Attachments

• u410.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 120
@dastre

Does the dsdt.aml that is included in your zip file, also includes battery patch and graphics hd4000 full support, Or does it still need to be injected? Does your sleep and wake up from sleep works? Is your hackbook now 100% working? Thanks. I was waiting for this file.

@dastre

Does the dsdt.aml that is included in your zip file, also includes battery patch and graphics hd4000 full support, Or does it still need to be injected? Does your sleep and wake up from sleep works? Is your hackbook now 100% working? Thanks. I was waiting for this file.

It's the same dsdt as in the first post. I only hpet patch to get sound working. Sleep doesn't work but it has... I think it's because BT is throwing irq errors. I think once that's fixed sleep will work.

HD4000 patch added attached here. What's the battery patch? Turbo Boost isn't working now though:thumbdown:

Attachments

• dsdt_u410_v2.aml.zip
    18 KB · Views: 125
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back