Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting over fresh, which means I'm back to just trying to get it to boot.
Clean install w/ Unibeast 2.
MaciASL, prefs to ACPI 5. I noticed that the first 4 patches, Replace Names, insert DTGP, HD4K GFX and HD4K HDMI all seem to relate, so I wrote a DSDT.aml on the desktop with those and the HPET IRQ patch. No errors or warnings.

MultiBeast 5.3.1, selecting DSDT, PS/2, USB3, AppleRTL81..., Chimera 2.01, and sys def Mackbook Pro 8,1; all settings that had worked.

I installed hrakoto's AppleHDA.kext, since it had been working. What is the minimum other stuff I need to just get booted? I don't need everything working yet, I want to bring things online one at a time, but right now the only way I can boot is -x DSDT=No. Fortunately, I had enabled File and Screen Sharing so I can still work on it.

Edit: OK, so clearly I was mistaken about those DSDT patches. They look similar to yours, but when I put back the raw DSDT, it booted right up. I put hrakoto's boot.plist edit back in to get video for now. And onward.

Edit2: back to MultiBeast for the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext that I forgot.
AppleHDA.kext for cx20590 from osx86.net
copy DSDT patch for it from hrakoto's DSDT

also under HPET add
IRQNoFlags ()
{0}
IRQNoFlags ()
{8}
before the
Memory32Fixed (ReadOnly,

Boots without Unibeast, video looks good, audio works.

Progress!

Hey guys, first off thanks for all the help you all do for the community! I have been reading these forums religiously now for a while especially the Lenovo threads...

Okay I recently bought a Lenovo U410 and modified the _bif and _bst methods in the DSDT with 16bit and 128 bit registers to 8 bit registers and my battery works!! I had to comment out some info like the manufacturer and model but hey I'm happy it works :) (nothing else would work for the battery... even with a snow leopard ACPI and voodoobattery or another applebattery kext i don't remember where it came from)

I had a couple of questions for anyone using Rehabmans Smart Battery kext...

I'd love a look at your DSDT battery patch.

Yes, I know i cant get to pure vanilla with just dsdt changes but i'm hoping the upgrade to mavericks will be smoother.

You mentioned that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext is patched. I'd it a generic patch where anyone can use or specific to a machine.

It is generic...

i'm using your Extra folder files, they made sound working on my laptop, now i have almost everything working, the only issues i'm having is the sleep function not working, when i put it to sleep either by closing the lid or choosing the option on the menu, my screens goes black and it's turned off, but the power indicator led is steady, on windows it pulsates indicating that the machine is on sleep mode, and when i try to wake up by pressing a key or using the touchpad it doesn't awake, tried a usb keyboard and mouse but the same results, the machines stays frozen, had to force shutdown long pressing the power button, can you help me with this i'm very noobish in this subject, thank you

Ferryco,

Did you try all the methods of putting the computer to sleep? Try clicking "Sleep" from the menu when you press the power button, and try Cmd+Opt+Fn+F12. Or try backing up with time machine, then reinstalling the OS and choosing "restore from Time Machine backup" in the OS Installer.

Hope it gets fixed,
HTM

hello everyone,

I came across this website very recently. i must say you guys have done a great job :thumbup:
since last few days i have been learning about Hackintosh. now i think i have basic knowledge to play around with my U410. I am sure using the method in the first post method i can get ML on my laptop. since there are may patches and new updates after the first post, it would be nice if someone who has all the things working can tell me how to what procedure they followed exactly. if can you can share your files (including the patches) that would be really helpful .. :)

Thnaks..

same results, my problem is that when the laptop goes to sleep mode it turns the screen black, the power led stays on and steady, don't know if its actually in sleep mode, but I can't get it wake up, i press a key, touchpad, power button but it stays off with the power led on and steady as i said, another issue i have is bluetooth i have the atheros one ar5b195 bluetooth combo wifi card, wifi works flawless, but bluetooth doesn't even show up on the devices, can someone help me with this i'm very noobish, thanks to everyone for this great thread about this laptop model!

Hi. I did install ML on my 500gb HDD. After the first system reboot the screen is stuck on apple logo before it goes to the setup screen :( .
Please help

verified! turbo boost working, thanks!

but i've problem about the sound. the icon shows maximum volume and will not change in speaker mode but work fine when using earphone. any ideas

can you please share the macbook pro (8.1) smbios.plist which you used for the turbo boost to work ..
Thanks ..

i'm having the same problem, my frequency is stuck at 1.68GHz, i've tried almost all the extra files shared in this thread for a possible solution to this problem but nothing works it's always at the same frequency i'm using the hwmonitor, i want to solve this problem since it affect severely my battery life i only get about two and a half hours, with the speedstep feature not working, please help me i've got everything else working fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back