Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here is what i did
1) reinstalled ml
2) everything is vanilla with the exception of the kexts you have mentioned above i am using the same exact ones.
3) dsdt is also same as you.

Now we got the sleep issue fixed ! :) everything works perfect.

Only issue.
When booting i notice that it hangs on either
appleintelcpupowermangement: Turboratios
or
applesmartbattery:

Its timed exactly every other reboot will hang on either of these. When it hangs i have to hold down power and reboot. Once it reboots it no longer hangs until i reboot again..... Strange.
Fresh install on a clean intel ssd with latest chameleon version.
Any ideas as to whats going on ?

ssdt?

Ok here is what i did
1) Reinstalled ML
2) Everything is VANILLA with the exception of the kexts you have mentioned above i am using the same exact ones.
3) DSDT is also same as you.

Now we got the sleep issue fixed ! :) Everything works perfect.

ONLY issue.
When booting i notice that it hangs on either
AppleIntelCPUPowermangement: TurboRatios
or
AppleSmartBattery:

Its timed exactly EVERY OTHER reboot WILL hang on either of these. When it hangs i have to hold down power and reboot. Once it reboots it no longer hangs until i reboot again..... Strange.
Fresh install on a clean Intel SSD with latest Chameleon version.
Any ideas as to whats going on ?

I'm not using an SSDT. Maybe I should be, but I don't have any issues booting up. What's your bootloader? Are you using Chimera from Multibeast or Chameleon?
Also, are you using either the MacbookPro8,1 or MacbookAir5,1 smbios plist? Multibeast defaults to using MacPro3,1 but it's not right for the U310.

I'm not using an SSDT. Maybe I should be, but I don't have any issues booting up. What's your bootloader? Are you using Chimera from Multibeast or Chameleon?
Also, are you using either the MacbookPro8,1 or MacbookAir5,1 smbios plist? Multibeast defaults to using MacPro3,1 but it's not right for the U310.

Chameleon

MacbookPro8,1 ( I wanted the extra boost turbo :) )

I am not running SSDT if you have a tweaked one please post it. Using the SSDT from the POST install pack does not change this behavior.

Chameleon

MacbookPro8,1 ( I wanted the extra boost turbo :) )

I am not running SSDT if you have a tweaked one please post it. Using the SSDT from the POST install pack does not change this behavior.

I'm using chimera with an ssdt (and drop ssdt on chameleon boot plist)

also smbios mba5,1

I'm using chimera with an ssdt (and drop ssdt on chameleon boot plist)

also smbios mba5,1

Got it working fine now. No longer halts on boot.
I did the following.
Went into bios cleared the settings.
Rebooted like 10 times in a row before Bootloader can load ( CNTRL-ALT-DEL)
After this it has stopped panicing/halting. I have rebooted about 10 times using the Apple Menu, and all is still good :)

I use Chameleon because even the latest Chimera clocks the cpu at 1.6.

I am still unable to solve the USB 3 problem. When using the Generic Rehabman kext, the computer wakes up from sleep within 2 seconds by itself.
When you remove the kext sleep workd perfect again.

I have tried multiple combinations of SMBIOS but same result.
I clear the cache each and every time i make a change, but same result.

Can you tell me what version of the Generic USB kext your using ? I see a few on the google code download page.
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/list

Thanks for all your help guys :) Im learning so much more on this hobby now.

Got it working fine now. No longer halts on boot.
I did the following.
Went into bios cleared the settings.
Rebooted like 10 times in a row before Bootloader can load ( CNTRL-ALT-DEL)
After this it has stopped panicing/halting. I have rebooted about 10 times using the Apple Menu, and all is still good :)

I use Chameleon because even the latest Chimera clocks the cpu at 1.6.

I am still unable to solve the USB 3 problem. When using the Generic Rehabman kext, the computer wakes up from sleep within 2 seconds by itself.

I have tried multiple combinations of SMBIOS but same result.
I clear the cache each and every time i make a change, but same result.

Can you tell me what version of the Generic USB kext your using ? I see a few on the google code download page.
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-generic-usb3/downloads/list

Thanks for all your help guys :) Im learning so much more on this hobby now.

am no longer using genericusbxhci because the usb multiplexor was able to fix the conflicts. Just using stock IOUSBFamily

When using the Generic Rehabman kext, the computer wakes up from sleep within 2 seconds by itself.

Not sure, but some must disable "wake on USB" in BIOS. There might be some boot flags you can try for that kext. See link to Zenith432 thread on github.

Not sure, but some must disable "wake on USB" in BIOS. There might be some boot flags you can try for that kext. See link to Zenith432 thread on github.

We do not have this option in our BIOS.

We do not have this option in our BIOS.

Did you look at Zenith432's OP? There are some sleep related things you should read. I don't know if they apply, but you should certainly read them...

something weird.

I booted ubuntu from a USB to get a codec dump. shut down and removed the usb.

I rebooted from my ssd to ML and in Terminal I now see on the screen
ubuntu:~ osx$

why do I see this ubuntu thing? did the ubuntu overwrite something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back