Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read reports of people using the touch-base driver on the Lenovo Yoga. It costs $$$, so I didn't try it, but the touchscreen is on the USB bus and the behavior pre-driver is the same as the Yoga (when you touch the screen the mouse pointer moves to the top-left corner).

The 24GB SSD (I'm assuming it is mSATA) does cause some install challenges. You have to use 'diskutil' at Terminal to create the partitions as Disk Utility gets confused and wants to force a Fusion Drive setup (and it doesn't work). Setting up a traditional partition or Fusion Drive setup works at the command line via diskutil, though. I did it both ways in the two days I had the machine.

From what I remember of reading the service manual, there are Lenovo Atheros parts compatible with the machine and, of course, compatible with OS X. That was to be my strategy had I chose to keep the machine. The BIOS could probably be modded at one of those sites, given that is probably very similar to the non-touch U310.

I too had to return it because i got a bad one. Any recommendations for other ultra books?
:)

I too had to return it because i got a bad one. Any recommendations for other ultra books?
:)

I'm still keeping my eye out, but I haven't decided on any. I'm kind of waiting to see if anything good comes with high-resolution display (13" 3200x1800). Otherwise, I will buy a MacBookAir 13" Haswell.

Can anybody please write a short guide if possible or at least create a zip file that contains the all the kexts, DSDT ect that we need?
I am kinda new to this and I really want to install OSX on my laptop (Ideapad U310).
Thanks in advance.

I also second that request. The different guides for the u310/u410, although useful, can also be very confusing when something goes wrong.

Can anybody please write a short guide if possible or at least create a zip file that contains the all the kexts, DSDT ect that we need?
I am kinda new to this and I really want to install OSX on my laptop (Ideapad U310).
Thanks in advance.

I also second that request. The different guides for the u310/u410, although useful, can also be very confusing when something goes wrong.

If you plan on using the fusion drive setup, then follow tutorial's guide. Otherwise you can use egarbage's guide on post 26 of this thread.

I am using your latest DSDT with the multiplex patches.
Everything works except awake from sleep i have to push the power button to wake her up.

Sleep works with lid clode but when i open the lid the comp does not wake up until i press power.
I am using Vanilla ACPI kext.

Maybe you have an updated DSDT to go along with this ?

I am using DSDT0704.aml

USB 3 works fine without needing generic kext. :)

I am using your latest DSDT with the multiplex patches.
Everything works except awake from sleep i have to push the power button to wake her up.

Sleep works with lid clode but when i open the lid the comp does not wake up until i press power.
I am using Vanilla ACPI kext.

Maybe you have an updated DSDT to go along with this ?

I am using DSDT0704.aml

USB 3 works fine without needing generic kext. :)

No changes since then.

No changes since then.

Anything i can do to see why its not waking up with the lid ? It used to do it with the older DSDT.

I am suing same kexts as you and same smbios. macbook air 5,1

Anything i can do to see why its not waking up with the lid ? It used to do it with the older DSDT.

I am suing same kexts as you and same smbios. macbook air 5,1

which older dsdt? your own? you can continue using it.
could you do a diff check btw the two dsdts (www.diffchecker.com)

also, are you using an ssdt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back