Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the i7 too.. and the speedstep to 2,77 is normal... at dualcore it goes max 2,8 singlecore 3,0 ghz so 2,77 is the max. ;)

hdmi audio output is tricky... i dont get it to work on my hd3000 (old hackbook) and on the hd4000 (u310)

i think my usb 3 is working good.. but i will test it for you

p.s. is your brightnesscontrol (pref-->display) working for you?

i have the i7 too.. and the speedstep to 2,77 is normal... at dualcore it goes max 2,8 singlecore 3,0 ghz so 2,77 is the max. ;)

hdmi audio output is tricky... i dont get it to work on my hd3000 (old hackbook) and on the hd4000 (u310)

i think my usb 3 is working good.. but i will test it for you

p.s. is your brightnesscontrol (pref-->display) working for you?

Good to know about Speedstep, thanks! Sucks about HDMI audio, I'll keep tinkering with that. As for Brightness, I can't control the levels via the Display window toggle, but I can using the stock brightness up/down keys (F11/F12). It just dims/brightens VERY SLOWLY, so you need to hold down the key for a few seconds to see any change in brightness level. And I don't see the 'sun' icon either. But since it works, I can't complain.

Let me know about USB 3.0!

Hey ikkoku, do you mind uploading your DSDT? I want to see if it works any differently than mine. I have an ALMOST PERFECTinstall on my U310...just need to tweak a few more things, wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions?

USB 3.0
The ports work, but only at 2.0 speeds. Had to install PXHCD.kext and delete the AppleXHCI from IOUSBFamily to get the webcam working. But I do a lot of file transfers and it would be excellent to have actual USB 3.0 speeds when using my external.

CORRECT SPEEDSTEP/CPU DETECTION
I have the i7 3517u in my machine. It's a 1.9GHz with up to 3.0Ghz Turbo Boost. But the OS reads it as 1.79Ghz, and it speedsteps up to 2.77 GHz. Not that much slower the rated speed, but would like to know what's up. I used the Revogirl script to generate an SSDT, but it didn't help.

HDMI AUDIO
Connecting an external monitor or TV via HDMI works great. But I can't output audio via HDMI.

Maybe patching DSDT would help for all of this? I'm not sure. I tried patching, but the newly created DSDT would cause a hang at boot, so I reverted back to the old one. I'm using the DSDT that was attached to a guide in one of these threads. I've attached my files if anyone wants to have a look.

Thanks for all those who contributed to this, would not have been able to set up this laptop without you!!!

Here's my dsdt from last week.
View attachment U310_DSDT.aml.zip

you can use a diffchecker to check the differences.

USB3.0 -> have you tried using rehabman's or zenith432's genericusbxhci (it's also in multibeast)
I haven't tested the speeds, but at least it doesn't conflict with the webcam and card reader. With this I can also leave IOUSBFamily.kext alone (my goal is to keep as vanilla as possible).

HDMI Audio -> With Toledo's help, I was able to get HDMI audio out check out this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb-35.html

I had to make a small modification to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to get it working.

Hope that helps

my little project now (time permitting) is to learn how to patch applehda for the conexant cx20590 in our systems.

Here's my dsdt from last week.
View attachment 60614

you can use a diffchecker to check the differences.

USB3.0 -> have you tried using rehabman's or zenith432's genericusbxhci (it's also in multibeast)
I haven't tested the speeds, but at least it doesn't conflict with the webcam and card reader. With this I can also leave IOUSBFamily.kext alone (my goal is to keep as vanilla as possible).

HDMI Audio -> With Toledo's help, I was able to get HDMI audio out check out this thread
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/84936-easy-guide-ml-hdmi-audio-hd4000-7-series-mb-35.html

I had to make a small modification to the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext to get it working.

Hope that helps

my little project now (time permitting) is to learn how to patch applehda for the conexant cx20590 in our systems.

Great thanks! I got the USB 3.0 speeds working as well as webcam with the latest version of RehabMan's GenericXHCI kext.

I tried editing the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for HDMI audio, but no luck...

Ikkoku, do you mind uploading your AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext and whatever audio kext you're using? (Are you using patched AppleHDA for audio or something else like VoodooHDA?)

Great thanks! I got the USB 3.0 speeds working as well as webcam with the latest version of RehabMan's GenericXHCI kext.

I tried editing the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for HDMI audio, but no luck...

Ikkoku, do you mind uploading your AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext and whatever audio kext you're using? (Are you using patched AppleHDA for audio or something else like VoodooHDA?)

I'm using a patched applehda.
you can try these. it'll go with the edits from my dsdt
View attachment Archive.zip

Dude. You RULE. Got EVERYTHING working on my U310 now.
Thanks so much for your help!!!

:thumbup: :headbang:

Let's see how the U310 will hold up with Mavericks

:thumbup: :headbang:

Let's see how the U310 will hold up with Mavericks

Noticed something really strange...

My lid sleep/wake was working great before. But now when I close the lid, it sleeps for a second, then wakes right back up. (I see the indicator light turn back on and the fan starts going. I rolled back everything I had recently installed one-by-one to see what caused this, but can't seem to trace it...

Ikkoku, have you noticed the same happening on your system?
What non-vanilla kexts are you using?
I'm thinking it may be a conflict with one of the non-vanilla kexts I've installed.

Noticed something really strange...

My lid sleep/wake was working great before. But now when I close the lid, it sleeps for a second, then wakes right back up. (I see the indicator light turn back on and the fan starts going. I rolled back everything I had recently installed one-by-one to see what caused this, but can't seem to trace it...

Ikkoku, have you noticed the same happening on your system?
What non-vanilla kexts are you using?
I'm thinking it may be a conflict with one of the non-vanilla kexts I've installed.

mine is fine. are you using my dsdt?
the only non-vanilla kext I'm using are (as far as I can remember)
applehda
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri
applesmartbatterymanager

also
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
VoodooPS2

I remember seeing this wake from sleep happening on my machine also. It was due to a dsdt edit I was experimenting with. I think it was caused by the USB Power dsdt edit from PJALM. Check the EHCI and XHCI section.

Here's the dsdt I'm currently using.
View attachment DSDT0704.aml.zip

I jut notice that I do not have the genericusbxhci kext loaded and my system report is still reporting the correct things. I did do the USB multiplexer dsdt edits.

also, are you using a patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Also, Rehabman helped me on this thread also (pages 22-24)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ideapad-u410-mountain-lion-90-working-22.html

I swear, I don't know where Rehabman is, but if I ever see him, I need to buy him a beer (or a six pack)

-

mine is fine. are you using my dsdt?
the only non-vanilla kext I'm using are (as far as I can remember)
applehda
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri
applesmartbatterymanager

also
FakeSMC
GenericUSBXHCI
VoodooPS2

I remember seeing this wake from sleep happening on my machine also. It was due to a dsdt edit I was experimenting with. I think it was caused by the USB Power dsdt edit from PJALM. Check the EHCI and XHCI section.

Here's the dsdt I'm currently using.
View attachment 60733

I jut notice that I do not have the genericusbxhci kext loaded and my system report is still reporting the correct things. I did do the USB multiplexer dsdt edits.

also, are you using a patched AppleACPIPlatform.kext?

Also, Rehabman helped me on this thread also (pages 22-24)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ideapad-u410-mountain-lion-90-working-22.html

I swear, I don't know where Rehabman is, but if I ever see him, I need to buy him a beer (or a six pack)

-

Hmm weird. Maybe it has something to do with the Fusion Drive setup. What's your hard drive setup like?

So the only tweaked/non-vanilla drivers I seem to be using is:
-AppleHDA (for audio)
-AppleIntelFrameBufferCapri (for HDMI audio out)
-AppleSmartBattery
-IOath3kfrmwr (need it for my bluetooth)
-VoodooPS2Controller (from RehabMan)
-IOUSBFamily (with AppleUSBXHCI plugin removed)

And then the following checks/patches from Multibeast:
-FakeSMC w/ plugins
-TRIM Enabler (not sure if this is needed)
-AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
-Realtek AppleRTL8169 (for ethernet)
-AppleRTC Patch for CMOS
-MacBook Pro 8,1 system definition

The only issue I'm having is USB 3.0. RehabMan's GenericUSBXHCI kext interferes with my sleep functionality. My laptop would sleep for a second, then wake right back up. But after deleting that, sleep worked again, but I lost webcam. So I had to delete the AppleUSBXHCI plugin from IOUSBFamily. Now both sleep and webcam are fine, but the USB 3.0 ports run only at 2.0 speeds.

Hoping RehabMan can chime in or investigate the cause for the his next update of the USB3 driver. In either case, I need to buy both you guys a six-pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back