Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad 520S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagnosis not possible without problem reporting files.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
I've given up on the hackintosh build for now, since booting from USB doesn't work anymore and I'm stuck with a broken Clover/MacOS Sierra installation.

The problem is that I can't even access the BIOS anymore and there is no way for me to format the SSD to install another OS like Ubuntu or Windows. When I choose the USB boot from the Clover start-up menu, the system simply restarts. I don't even have a functional laptop now and need it to basic office tasks.

So the million dollar question is: How do I get rid of the Clover installation and return to the basic BIOS? I'm gonna blow my brains out if I'm the proud owner of a bricked brand new $900 laptop.

So the million dollar question is: How do I get rid of the Clover installation and return to the basic BIOS?

Assuming a UEFI Clover install, delete EFI/CLOVER and EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi (which is a copy of CLOVERX64.efi) from your EFI partition.

I've given up on the hackintosh build for now, since booting from USB doesn't work anymore and I'm stuck with a broken Clover/MacOS Sierra installation.

The problem is that I can't even access the BIOS anymore and there is no way for me to format the SSD to install another OS like Ubuntu or Windows. When I choose the USB boot from the Clover start-up menu, the system simply restarts. I don't even have a functional laptop now and need it to basic office tasks.

So the million dollar question is: How do I get rid of the Clover installation and return to the basic BIOS? I'm gonna blow my brains out if I'm the proud owner of a bricked brand new $900 laptop.

I'm planning to install High Sierra on my IdeaPad 520s, any updates on this? Did you get your computer to work well again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back