Contribute
Register

Lenovo 300-17ISK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry.

Why you recommend to disable Virtualization in BIOS?

I make no such recommendation. The recommendation is to disable VT-d. Which is not the same as "virtualization" (VT-x).

I make no such recommendation. The recommendation is to disable VT-d. Which is not the same as "virtualization".

Thank you.

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I am try to patch Brightness fix and have a error with code

Code:
            Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)  // _INI: Initialize
            {
                Store (LTRF, LTRN)
                Store (PMLF, LMSL)
                Store (PNLF, LNSL) // error
                Store (OBFF, OBFN)
            }

10007, 6058, Invalid type ([Device] found, Store operator requires [Integer|String|Buffer|Package|DdbHandle|Reference])

Have any fixes for it?

Code:
            {
                Store (LTRF, LTRN)
                Store (PMLF, LMSL)
                Store (OBFF, OBFN)
            }

10007, 6058, Invalid type ([Device] found, Store operator requires [Integer|String|Buffer|Package|DdbHandle|Reference])

Have any fixes for it?
What patches (other than the brightness fix) are you trying to apply? Hotpatching might be a better/easier choice for you.

What patches (other than the brightness fix) are you trying to apply? Hotpatching might be a better/easier choice for you.

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"

Without patches display may be off. Now it returns to full brightness after 3-5 seconds in sleep mode. Can you give me link to hot patching about please?

"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"

Without patches display may be off. Now it returns to full brightness after 3-5 seconds in sleep mode.
Some of these patches are no longer required in the current macOS/OS X builds...
They all can be applied on-the-fly using Clover's hotpatching approach. But your EC controller has many fields larger than 8-bit, which requires more work (more methods to replace)...
I would go with the hotpatching method if I were you, but if you feel it's too complicated, here are the (clean) disassembled DSDT/SSDTs for your laptop to apply the patches you want.

Attachments

• DSL.zip
    71.9 KB · Views: 92
Some of these patches are no longer required in the current macOS/OS X builds...
They all can be applied on-the-fly using Clover's hotpatching approach. But your EC controller has many fields larger than 8-bit, which requires more work (more methods to replace)...
I would go with the hotpatching method if I were you, but if you feel it's too complicated, here are the (clean) disassembled DSDT/SSDTs for your laptop to apply the patches you want.

Thank you! I will try hot patching. DSL is not needed because I am extract it with refs txt and then recompile to AML.

Thank you! I will try hot patching. DSL is not needed because I am extract it with refs txt and then recompile to AML.
Refer to RehabMan's NUC repo, it's also Skylake and he's implemented the most important patches.
Take your time to read the hotpatching guide linked from the original DSDT/SSDT patching guide.

Code:
            {
                Store (LTRF, LTRN)
                Store (PMLF, LMSL)
                Store (OBFF, OBFN)
            }

Have any fixes for it?

Change to: Store(\PNLF, LNSL)

Note: This is a perfect example of why static patch should be done before hotpatch... You would not have found out about this required change if you were using only hotpatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back