Graphics
Geforce 9600 GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, after a terrible thunderstorm my built-in network adapter died. Since I had an Apple USB Ethernet adapter (which I used with my MacBook Air), I've just plugged it back and got internet running again. BUUUUTTT, App Store wasn't working anymore. I've read a lot of solutions online, tried most of them and the only one that was truly useful is the one proposed by RehabMan (thank you so much, mate).

On the other hand, the installation method is not very easy for almost-newbies like me. Open the zip, install kext, patch DSDT, use SSDT... WTF, where should I start? After a couple of hours trying to figure out what to do, I've installed it and it's running perfectly. Probably it works for all external Internet adapters, either wi-fi or Ethernet. This is a straightforward guide for those out there who don't know how to install it.

1 – Go to https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-null-ethernet/downloads and DL the archives.

2 – Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/maciasl/ and download MaciASL.

3 – Install the NullEthernet.kext located in the folder RELEASE with your favourite Kext installer (I've used Kext Utility).

4 – Then proceed to edit your DSDT. Open MaciASL then go to --> Tools and select PATCH.

5 - A dialog window will show. Press OPEN and select the included "patch.txt". Select "Apply", save your DSDT and quit MaciASL.

6 – Copy the file ssdt–rnme.aml included in to the folder "/Extra/". Rename it to ssdt.aml. If you have more than one ssdt, rename i to ssdt-2.aml (or ssdt-3.aml and so on).

7 – Reboot

8 – When your beautiful Hackintosh reboots, go to System Preferences --> Network. Change location to "Automatic" (just in case you have different locations stored) and remove all of your network adapters using the "-" button located below the list of adapters.

9 – Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration and remove NetworkInterfaces.plist. If you wish, copy it to a different folder to have a backup (but it's not really needed).

10 – Reboot

11 – Once your hack is up and running again, go to System Preferences --> Network and manually add the adapter you use to connect to the internet AND ALSO the fake Ethernet adapter. I've chosen DHCP and it "found" an IP address. Both are online now.

12 – Connect to the App Store and there you go.

And again, thank you very much RehabMan

4 – Then proceed to edit your DSDT. Open MaciASL then go to --> Tools and select PATCH.

5 - A dialog window will show. Press OPEN and select the included "patch.txt". Select "Apply", save your DSDT and quit MaciASL.

6 – Copy the file ssdt–rnme.aml included in to the folder "/Extra/". Rename it to ssdt.aml. If you have more than one ssdt, rename i to ssdt-2.aml (or ssdt-3.aml and so on).

Not necessary to use both DSDT patch *and* SSDT. Choose one method only.

Don't forget to randomize the MAC address...

Thank you so much for posting these instructions!!! :mrgreen:
I haven't been able to sign into the app store since upgrading to Mavericks (but I didn't notice the issue until today), and I've never been able to use iMessages on my computer. But now both of them work perfectly!
After a good 4 hours of reading through these forums and endless trial and error, I came across this thread, had it fail me once, then tried again, and hallelujah! It works!

Now I can finally download FCP X from the app store.

Thank you so much for posting these instructions!!! :mrgreen:
I haven't been able to sign into the app store since upgrading to Mavericks (but I didn't notice the issue until today), and I've never been able to use iMessages on my computer. But now both of them work perfectly!
After a good 4 hours of reading through these forums and endless trial and error, I came across this thread, had it fail me once, then tried again, and hallelujah! It works!

Now I can finally download FCP X from the app store.

The process is also completely described here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Null-Ethernet, along with a few more details and with the three (mutually exclusive) methods for configuration (DSDT, SSDT, or injector kext).

Is there a way to install the MaciASL on a Hackintosh running OS X 10.6.8 ?
when i try to install it, on my system i get this error:

You can't use this version of the application MaciASL with this version of Mac OS X.

You have Mac OS X 10.6.8. The application requires Mac OS X 10.8 or later.

Is there a way to install the MaciASL on a Hackintosh running OS X 10.6.8 ?
when i try to install it, on my system i get this error:

MaciASL can only be used on Lion or newer.

You could patch your DSDT on a computer capable of running MaciASL or you could try DSDT Editor. Please note I do not test my patches with DSDT Editor (it is old and buggy).

Hello there,

I've applied the methods at the same time but I did not have a fake ethernet right now.. should and could I revert one of them?

If I use dsdt should I save the patched dsdt with MaciASL as System DSDT? or just quit the program after save?

If I use ssdt;
Actually, I am using clover instead of multibeast. But I have an extra folder in my hard drive. There were ssdt-1.aml file in it. Then, I found ssdt-rmne.aml file in the archive I ve downloaded and placed it in to the extra folder in my hard drive with renaming it to ssdt.aml. Should I rename it as ssdt-2.aml?

Any help will be appreciated..

Reagards
Saki

Hello there,

I've applied the methods at the same time but I did not have a fake ethernet right now.. should and could I revert one of them?

If I use dsdt should I save the patched dsdt with MaciASL as System DSDT? or just quit the program after save?

If I use ssdt;
Actually, I am using clover instead of multibeast. But I have an extra folder in my hard drive. There were ssdt-1.aml file in it. Then, I found ssdt-rmne.aml file in the archive I ve downloaded and placed it in to the extra folder in my hard drive with renaming it to ssdt.aml. Should I rename it as ssdt-2.aml?

Any help will be appreciated..

Reagards
Saki

DSDT must be saved as AML (format: ACPI Machine Language Binary). Clover loads DSDT from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml. It will not look at your /Extra folder.

SSDT can be used too, Clover loads SSDTs from /EFI/Clover/APCI/patched/SSDT-x.aml or /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT-xx.aml, where 'x' is a digit.

Thank you for information, I have re-installed the yosemite for sake of clean install, and i will now try sddt at first.

It is definitely success! thank you at all!
Ive used ssdt method, can i share this method in my local osx86 forums with citing your posts?
Regards
Saki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back