Contribute
Register

Latest Haswell (LGA1150) Motherboard Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the H87N will appear in the index soon, but it's not there yet.

so i've manually added the H87N and contacted newegg through the page's feedback link, hopefully they'll fix it soon. turns out that board doesnt appear under any of the CPU Socket categories.

Hi guys,
What would you recommend between a Asus and a Gigabyte motherboard ? I'll probably go with H87 chipset since I don't want to overclock.

Hi guys,
What would you recommend between a Asus and a Gigabyte motherboard ? I'll probably go with H87 chipset since I don't want to overclock.

The buyers guide lists Gigabyte, for the sole reason that for those new to creating a Hackintosh running OS X, its simpler to get a Gigabyte board working. If that changes then so will the advice - for Haswell we will still be recommending Gigabyte in the Buyers Guide when the first one becomes available. Most of the information here is on Gigabyte. There are plenty Asus users, but it is mainly for the higher end enthusiast boards rather than an 'H' series chipset.

Adrian B

I've had the Z87N up since the 5th, but two more boards added today, the Z87 Extreme4/TB4, and the H81M-E

How come this list says it's being blocked by my browser for malware?

I went to newegg.com manually and manually searched for boards. I wanted a stable as possible system and and I know the Q models are suppose to be the most stable. I bought the Asus Q87M-E. It seemed to have the most features and an Intel NIC which are suppose to be the best.

I had to return my Intel B85FL board as it was a flaky BIOS. I upgraded it and it got worse. I tried to flash back and lost everything. No post at all. I thought Intel was suppose to be most stable, but this is the third Intel board in a row that has had severe BIOS issues.

edit:
Oops, I forgot to ask aboiut this new Intel NIC. Will it be supported in OS X 10.8.5 out of box? I know new stuff can take a while to get supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back