Contribute
Register

Laptop power button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not asking about the keyboard itself. I was asking about the logs when you press each key.

Sorry, yes I did verify that I was looking at the correct log.

Generally, you do not need to change anything there.
Did you patch ACPI as per guide?
Did you implement power management?

No, I will follow that guide and see if that fixes everything. I haven't done the power management either yet. Last time I did that was a few months ago so I am taking my time with it... I'll let you know if there are still issues after I finish those.

Sorry, yes I did verify that I was looking at the correct log.

So... if you're seeing logs for each key pressed (even regular keys like 'A', 'B', 'Z', etc), but you don't see logs for the special keys you're trying to fix, then those keys do not generate PS2 codes.

No, I will follow that guide and see if that fixes everything. I haven't done the power management either yet. Last time I did that was a few months ago so I am taking my time with it... I'll let you know if there are still issues after I finish those.

Lot's of other info in the FAQ too...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

So... if you're seeing logs for each key pressed (even regular keys like 'A', 'B', 'Z', etc), but you don't see logs for the special keys you're trying to fix, then those keys do not generate PS2 codes.

All the buttons are controlled by the PS2 Controller except the power button according to the log

All the buttons are controlled by the PS2 Controller except the power button according to the log

Assuming they generate unique PS2 codes, workable.
Did you try pressing Ctrl+Power?

Assuming they generate unique PS2 codes, workable.
Did you try pressing Ctrl+Power?

Yes I did with no effect. I also check dmesg for any ACPI messages... It correctly detects the lid closing, but no power button press.

I managed to fix the issue with a DSDT that was posted for a laptop with a similar power button configuration. Everything works great now! Thank you

I managed to fix the issue with a DSDT that was posted for a laptop with a similar power button configuration. Everything works great now! Thank you

Always a bad idea to use a DSDT from another computer.
Better to patch your own DSDT.

Even if they are the exact same model?
may have different bios versions and / or different bios options enabled/disabled and also hardware differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back