RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello

I've installed Mojave on my external USB3 SSD using RehabMan tutorial ,
everything works perfectly - sound , wifi , multi monitors , no graphic glitches etc..

But after sleep I can't login, it just freeze on login screen with loading cursor and after some time reboots.
I've disabled hibernate mode, also deleted com.apple.PowerManagement.* files from /Library/Preferences and rebooted like on one solution. But still can't get rid of it and actually I'm using amphetamine but its just temporary solution.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Hello

I've installed Mojave on my external USB3 SSD using RehabMan tutorial ,
everything works perfectly - sound , wifi , multi monitors , no graphic glitches etc..

But after sleep I can't login, it just freeze on login screen with loading cursor and after some time reboots.
I've disabled hibernate mode, also deleted com.apple.PowerManagement.* files from /Library/Preferences and rebooted like on one solution. But still can't get rid of it and actually I'm using amphetamine but its just temporary solution.

Does anyone know how to fix that?
sleep will be an issue when using external usb as main drive

better results from installing macOS to internal hard drive

sleep will be an issue when using external usb as main drive

better results from installing macOS to internal hard drive

Thanks for quick response
Speed of this ssd is still impressing (Read 350MB/s - Write 250MB/s)
And I cant mount it as internal cause there's windows SSD.
So you think that sleep wont be possible with usb drive?

Thanks for quick response
Speed of this ssd is still impressing (Read 350MB/s - Write 250MB/s)
And I cant mount it as internal cause there's windows SSD.
So you think that sleep wont be possible with usb drive?
probably not because you are using a usb as the hard drive, i have seen other peeps with the same issue

probably not because you are using a usb as the hard drive, i have seen other peeps with the same issue

I got you, I think I'll try to clone OSX partitions to internal SSD, probably will use GParted , or maybe you have some other app to do it without problems?

I got you, I think I'll try to clone OSX partitions to internal SSD, probably will use GParted , or maybe you have some other app to do it without problems?
have found these that may do the job:

Cloning macOS was easy but I had problems with cloning clover to SSD , and my clover dont see Windows system. So after couple of hours so I decided to leave it as it is.
Thank you for your time!

Quick update: I've managed it working on eSSD with mojave. Just needed to have clover on my internal SSD and UEFI boot. Worked for over 2 months sleeping over night no problems at all!

But now in catalina sleeping is last problem I had to solve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back