Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

Hi Rehabman. I have HP Probook 4xxx series running on el capitan for a few years now. Thanks to your thorough guide.

I’m sure you’ve been asked this question many times before. Can you suggest the next best laptop after HP Probook series for my next project? I am in hunt for a new and updated laptop. There is no specific reason to upgrade. But mostly looking for a modern look laptop that has better specification. Like HD/full HD LCD something like that.

Cheers

Hi Rehabman. I have HP Probook 4xxx series running on el capitan for a few years now. Thanks to your thorough guide.

I’m sure you’ve been asked this question many times before. Can you suggest the next best laptop after HP Probook series for my next project? I am in hunt for a new and updated laptop. There is no specific reason to upgrade. But mostly looking for a modern look laptop that has better specification. Like HD/full HD LCD something like that.

Cheers

I'm afraid I can't really offer much advice, other than to look for (well written) guides for laptops you're thinking about.
I haven't done an upgrade past my Lenovo u430, and still have my 4530s and 4540s, ... so I have really old laptops too.

Hi. Recently I've bought Dell G3 3579 series and everything seems to be workable excepting... I have no idea what to start with on my motherboard-related configuration of clover.
When I print info from windows command line I see these lines:
Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
Dell Inc. 03TF0Y /JHTDCQ2/CNCMC0086K0052/ A00
Actually, my only question is "is it worth to try?" or someone experienced enough could tell me that I should not waste time on trying to get DSDT table and blabla.
Thanks in advance

Hi. Recently I've bought Dell G3 3579 series and everything seems to be workable excepting... I have no idea what to start with on my motherboard-related configuration of clover.
When I print info from windows command line I see these lines:

Actually, my only question is "is it worth to try?" or someone experienced enough could tell me that I should not waste time on trying to get DSDT table and blabla.
Thanks in advance

Your profile has no laptop hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Lots of info/links in the FAQ as well. You should read it.

Hello RehabMan,

Would you recommend the Lenovo u430 as a good "first laptop" for Hackintosh learning, or would there be a better choice? I have been doing the Hack for years with desktop systems and would now like to try my hand at the portable product. This is just for entertainment and education - I run genuine Apple at home and work. I don't mind tinkering with older laptops either, so if there's an old one that's a really good candidate, I'm game.

Thank you for your consideration.
-andalusia

Hello RehabMan,

Would you recommend the Lenovo u430 as a good "first laptop" for Hackintosh learning, or would there be a better choice? I have been doing the Hack for years with desktop systems and would now like to try my hand at the portable product. This is just for entertainment and education - I run genuine Apple at home and work. I don't mind tinkering with older laptops either, so if there's an old one that's a really good candidate, I'm game.

Thank you for your consideration.
-andalusia

My u430 works fine,... you will find the guide in the Mojave Laptop Guides forum.

Hey guys

I have a Dell Latitude 5480 with these specs

i5 6300U 2,40GHz turbo to 3.0 GHz
16GB RAM LPDDR4
500GB SSD
Intel HD 520

Can I install mojave on it?

Hey guys

I have a Dell Latitude 5480 with these specs

i5 6300U 2,40GHz turbo to 3.0 GHz
16GB RAM LPDDR4
500GB SSD
Intel HD 520

Can I install mojave on it?
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Back