Contribute
Register

Laptop Compatibility

thanks RehabMan, cause i dont see that specs in everymac.com. Thanks a gain!

Visit everymac.com, click on MacBook Pro, click on "expand every...", use find in page for "MacBookPro12,1" or look at the list for Broadwell CPUs.

hello, is my new laptop compatible?
ASUS N580VD-DB74T VivoBook Pro 15
Intel Core i7 -7700HQ
2.8 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce Gaming GTX 1050 4GB
16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM
512GB SSD

Thanks!

Hi! I would just like to make sure if my laptop will work. Here are my specs:

ASUS X455LF:
Processor: Intel i3 5005U 2.0ghz
Board: X455LF
Memory: 4gbx2 DDR3 ram (8gb)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000
Storage: 240gb SSD

Also if it works, what's the best Mac OS I can use for it? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi! I would just like to make sure if my laptop will work. Here are my specs:

ASUS X455LF:
Processor: Intel i3 5005U 2.0ghz
Board: X455LF
Memory: 4gbx2 DDR3 ram (8gb)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5000
Storage: 240gb SSD

Also if it works, what's the best Mac OS I can use for it? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

..please some advice for buying 17 inch hakintosh laptop from 2017 2018.....any idea?

Preferably i3, i5, i7 with integrated graphics. If it has a Nvidia or AMD graphics card they won’t work and you may have to disable it to prevent problems. Make sure it has integrated graphics 520 or 620 and also a non soldered WiFi card.

I tested a HP pavilion recently and it had a nvme slot but it was deactivated so you may want to see if it does have one it will be active. I think the HP X360 has active NVME.

How about the eDP for HD 520? Because my laptop has eDP connector type, it's Skylake

Hi,

I was wondering if my ASUS gaming laptop would work.
Its an ASUS ROG GL553VD

I'll be using clover (Edit: Well actually, I really don't know where to start...)

Ps: I already have windows 10 installed but a have a 125Gb unassigned partition, perhaps could I install macOS in that?
Full specs:

Attachments

• Laptop SAMUEL Shortened.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Back