1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I managed to install Yosemite on my Lenovo Y50 which has two graphic cards:
  • Intel HD 4600
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M

However, I ran the command grafix backup all to fix a boot issue which is working fantastic. However, my graphics are now very laggy and a lot of glitches are appearing. I think this is due to the VEGA (?) usage.

The issue is that I do not know how to proceed from here. I don't mind not using the NVIDIA graphics at all, I'm fine with just Intel HD, but where do I put those so called KEXT files and where do I get them in the first place?

I am a complete beginner and I might need a more thorough explanation on how to achieve these things.

Help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
I already tried installing NVIDIA GeForce Web Driver for 10.10.1 and they are still there installed, but they are not affecting the performance of the graphics at all. I tried using a lot of bootflags (GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, nv_disable=1 etc.) but nothing made a difference.

So I managed to install Yosemite on my Lenovo Y50 which has two graphic cards:
  • Intel HD 4600
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX860M

However, I ran the command grafix backup all to fix a boot issue which is working fantastic. However, my graphics are now very laggy and a lot of glitches are appearing. I think this is due to the VEGA (?) usage.

The issue is that I do not know how to proceed from here. I don't mind not using the NVIDIA graphics at all, I'm fine with just Intel HD, but where do I put those so called KEXT files and where do I get them in the first place?

I am a complete beginner and I might need a more thorough explanation on how to achieve these things.

Help would be highly appreciated.

EDIT:
I already tried installing NVIDIA GeForce Web Driver for 10.10.1 and they are still there installed, but they are not affecting the performance of the graphics at all. I tried using a lot of bootflags (GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, nv_disable=1 etc.) but nothing made a difference.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...e-lenovo-y50-uhd-1080p-using-clover-uefi.html

Hey thanks for your reply! Which part of that guide is responsible for the graphics? I don't know these terms that are commonly used in the world of Hackintosh. Help would be appreciated.

I think the I use Chameleon and not Clover!?

Hey thanks for your reply! Which part of that guide is responsible for the graphics? I don't know these terms that are commonly used in the world of Hackintosh. Help would be appreciated.

I think the I use Chameleon and not Clover!?

Use Clover. Follow the guide from the beginning.

Use Clover. Follow the guide from the beginning.
Thank you RehabMan. I don't want to sound rude or something, but is there a chance I could keep my current installation and fix the graphics lag? I'm really not very technical and I had already enough close heart attacks while getting where I am right now, but I am able to get in!

So I would appreciate an alternative way to approach this which is easier for me. I really don't need to use any of the UHD settings available.

Thanks!

Thank you RehabMan. I don't want to sound rude or something, but is there a chance I could keep my current installation and fix the graphics lag? I'm really not very technical and I had already enough close heart attacks while getting where I am right now, but I am able to get in!

So I would appreciate an alternative way to approach this which is easier for me. I really don't need to use any of the UHD settings available.

Thanks!

The fact that you're not very technical is the reason you should follow the guide.

If you didn't need UHD, you shouldn't have purchased a laptop with it. Because you have UHD, you are now required to accomplish all the settings required to make Yosemite work with it (DVTM-prealloc setting in BIOS, patched framebuffer, patched IOKit, etc.)

It is all covered in the guide.

The fact that you're not very technical is the reason you should follow the guide.

If you didn't need UHD, you shouldn't have purchased a laptop with it. Because you have UHD, you are now required to accomplish all the settings required to make Yosemite work with it (DVTM-prealloc setting in BIOS, patched framebuffer, patched IOKit, etc.)

It is all covered in the guide.
The main issue here is that I have Windows 10 installed and it has all the data that I cannot lose in any case. If something goes wrong then things get a little complicated because my laptop doesn't even have a DVD so I could at least revert to some other OS in case of emergency. Also, I do not own multiple USB sticks.

Hence my need to handle this issue safely without asking for full performance. I bought this laptop for gaming and now those days are over.

The main issue here is that I have Windows 10 installed and it has all the data that I cannot lose in any case. If something goes wrong then things get a little complicated because my laptop doesn't even have a DVD so I could at least revert to some other OS in case of emergency. Also, I do not own multiple USB sticks.

You should have a backup of your important data. HDDs can fail at any time. But the most common cause of data loss is user error.

Hence my need to handle this issue safely without asking for full performance. I bought this laptop for gaming and now those days are over.

Backup your data, and follow the guide...

Sorry... not willing to write custom instructions for each individual.

You should have a backup of your important data. HDDs can fail at any time. But the most common cause of data loss is user error.

Backup your data, and follow the guide...

Sorry... not willing to write custom instructions for each individual.
I do not have access to a Mac all the time to prepare this. It's alright sir, I really appreciate your help.

I didn't know this would require a whole new set of instructions, I thought it would be something simple. Again, sorry for bothering and over-asking.

I do not have access to a Mac all the time to prepare this. It's alright sir, I really appreciate your help.

I didn't know this would require a whole new set of instructions, I thought it would be something simple. Again, sorry for bothering and over-asking.

QHD/UHD requirements are described in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Refer to the Y50 guide and github repo for further clarification.

For best results, follow the guide as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back