CPU
Core 2 Duo E8400
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 730 2GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've recently checked my keychain access and I saw that it has a lot of iMessage encryption and signing keys. Mine was close to 500 encryption and signing keys.

I've deleted all the keys assuming that they were old and start a new set of keys and rebooted my hackintosh.

Fresh boot without the old iMessage encryption and security keys creates a first 4 sets of security keys (4 encryption+4 signing keys). I reboot my machine again and the keys got duplicate.

Is this normal? I'm on 10.11.5 and honestly I haven't notice this kind of behaviour in the past OS X versions.

Can you look at your keys to prove that I'm not the only one experiencing this. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 10.02.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 10.02.47 PM.png
    66 KB · Views: 347
I've recently checked my keychain access and I saw that it has a lot of iMessage encryption and signing keys. Mine was close to 500 encryption and signing keys.

I've deleted all the keys assuming that they were old and start a new set of keys and rebooted my hackintosh.

Fresh boot without the old iMessage encryption and security keys creates a first 4 sets of security keys (4 encryption+4 signing keys). I reboot my machine again and the keys got duplicate.

Is this normal? I'm on 10.11.5 and honestly I haven't notice this kind of behaviour in the past OS X versions.

Can you look at your keys to prove that I'm not the only one experiencing this. Thanks!

I see that this has been a while, did you find a solution to this?
I deleted an extra 166,000 keychains.login files cleared 30 gigs on my machine and now I am getting the same keys inserting themselves every 30 seconds...

Thanks

I see that this has been a while, did you find a solution to this?
I deleted an extra 166,000 keychains.login files cleared 30 gigs on my machine and now I am getting the same keys inserting themselves every 30 seconds...

Thanks

Was running El Cap, I followed "Update Directly to macOS High Sierra" and was able to update, now problem gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back