Contribute
Register

Keyboard not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are AptioInputFix and UsbKbDxe EFI drivers. Have you tried them?
Welcome aboard vulgo!
No. Where can I find those EFI drivers? Thanks.

Last edited:
Im not saying it'll work. Im saying that reinstall the OS. The Patches and Config will be the same. Just don't get messing with kexts that are in the S/L/E. You only need to install Kexts to L/E and be done with it. If you ever need to edit kexts then make sure you copy them to the Desktop then open with Xcode.

Modified kexts need to be installed properly same goes for FakeSMC & Ethernet kexts. Can be achieved with Terminal or KextBeast which is in Downloads section on the forum. I use Terminal for everything.
Back! Still doesn't detect...

Welcome aboard vulgo!
No. Where can I find those EFI drivers? Thanks.
UsbKbDxe is in the Clover ISO drivers-Off folder. Try installing on a Unibeast/installation USB first.

Attachments

• UsbKbDxe-64.efi.zip
    11 KB · Views: 266
UsbKbDxe is in the Clover ISO drivers-Off folder. Try installing on a Unibeast/installation USB first.
I see, on the EFI partition of the OS still doesn't make the keyboard detection...
What about the other driver?

Last edited:
By the way, the keyboard is plugged in on a onboard 3.0 USB port and not 3.1 USB port.

I see, on the EFI partition of the OS still doesn't make the keyboard be detected...
What about the other driver?
See this thread - i'd also experiment with the BIOS settings if you haven't already, not much else you can do. As VioletDragon said use an Intel PCH port (it is possible you may not even have an Intel USB 3.0 port on the IO panel but this is unlikely given your motherboard branding) and use a USB 2 port.

Example BIOS settings could involve PCIE OpRom Legacy/UEFI, Windows 8/10 features, Legacy USB, EHCI/XHCI handover, onboard peripherals etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the time and support on this matter. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back