Contribute
Register

Keyboard not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't change anything on that kext...

Reinstall the OS??

Correct. You can just run the installer over your current install to keep personal data. Did you mess with any related USB kexts?

Correct. You can just run the installer over your current install to keep personal data. Did you mess with any related USB kexts?
I was just checking the kext with Xcode but I didn't save a thing. Damn it...

I was just checking the kext with Xcode but I didn't save a thing. Damn it...

You most likely damaged the permissions of the Kext. Not a good idea to compile a kext from S/L/E. Always (Copy To Desktop).

OK, so, with the patches we've installed the on EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, the reinstall should run fine with the new keyboard?!
I'm going to give this a test. Thanks a lot mate!

OK, so, with the patches we've installed the on EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, the reinstall should run fine with the new keyboard?!
I'm going to give this a test. Thanks a lot mate!

Im not saying it'll work. Im saying that reinstall the OS. The Patches and Config will be the same. Just don't get messing with kexts that are in the S/L/E. You only need to install Kexts to L/E and be done with it. If you ever need to edit kexts then make sure you copy them to the Desktop then open with Xcode.

Modified kexts need to be installed properly same goes for FakeSMC & Ethernet kexts. Can be achieved with Terminal or KextBeast which is in Downloads section on the forum. I use Terminal for everything.

Im not saying it'll work. Im saying that reinstall the OS. The Patches and Config will be the same. Just don't get messing with kexts that are in the S/L/E. You only need to install Kexts to L/E and be done with it. If you ever need to edit kexts then make sure you copy them to the Desktop then open with Xcode.

My bad... :mad:

rgr that mate and sorry for all this trouble. I'm going to reinstall the OS now. I'll let you know when done. Thanks once again!

My bad... :mad:

rgr that mate and sorry for all this trouble. I'm going to reinstall the OS now. I'll let you know when done. Thanks once again!

Remember that you don't need to wipe/erase the Boot Volume can just install over the existing install.

Those changes will have no effect on the keyboard working in Clover. Your onboard Asmedia ASM1142 USB 3.1 controller works in macOS, but apparently not at USB 3.1 full speed. No consequence for a USB 2 keyboard and mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back