GTX 1050Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have a system (Hack Pro 2 in my sig) running 10.13.3, and I'm facing a pretty weird issue with it.
When the system sleeps, and I wake it up by pressing a button on my mouse, it wakes up fine, and everything works just as it worked before sleeping.
If I wake up by pressing a button on the keyboard, the system wakes up, but the keyboard doesn't work after that. Plugging the keyboard out and then back in again seems to fix the issue, but that's not ideal. I've searched the forums and plenty of people have faced this issue, but all the threads I found were pretty old. Any ideas?

Hi,

I have a system (Hack Pro 2 in my sig) running 10.13.3, and I'm facing a pretty weird issue with it.
When the system sleeps, and I wake it up by pressing a button on my mouse, it wakes up fine, and everything works just as it worked before sleeping.
If I wake up by pressing a button on the keyboard, the system wakes up, but the keyboard doesn't work after that. Plugging the keyboard out and then back in again seems to fix the issue, but that's not ideal. I've searched the forums and plenty of people have faced this issue, but all the threads I found were pretty old. Any ideas?

Hi there.

Probably no surprise to learn this is a USB problem. I had it for a while on an older build.

Your motherboard features two USB systems - Intel and ASMedia.

Have you used the port increase patch or created your own port definition table?

I'm guessing you plug your keyboard into one of the yellow ports underneath the PS/2 port?

If your mouse is a Bluetooth one it's adaptor is constantly polling, looking for a signal and, by the sound of it, keeping the port active. Whereas the other ports go to sleep when told to but don't wake up.

There's a lot to go on, on the forums. Basically check which kexts you are using to enable USB - USBInjectAll.kext and a port configuration table should sort the problem, but if not then let us know more about the build etc.

:)

I haven't installed the USBInject kext yet. Will try that. How does one create a port configuration table?

I haven't installed the USBInject kext yet. Will try that. How does one create a port configuration table?

Ok. There are two links to creating the port-definition that I'd recommend:

Here at section 7.2 -
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

and -
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I used both these in my build: #6

When using the template you need to check "// XHC overrides for 100-series boards" because obviously yours is a 200-series. My hardware - a 300-series - uses the "8086 a2af" USB IDs just like the 200. Worth double checking.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back