Contribute
Register

Keyboard and mouse unresponsive for first few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also had the 7 minute wait. I could move the cursor, but the mouse buttons and keyboard were unresponsive. Not just on reboot, but also when I tried to change users. I originally thought I had nothing at all because I was too impatient at first to wait that long. Then I saw this thread, waited and found I had the 7 minute timeout too. Which seems like an eternity when you're sitting and waiting.

In an attempt to fix it, I applied the USB rollback from the latest MultiBeast (3.8), but then I had no cursor movement at all (i.e. no USB). I booted into the Installer and saw that the USB kexts that were supposed to be replaced were simply deleted. I copied the USB kexts from the Installer drive to my Lion drive and fixed permissions with Disk Utility. After rebooting and waiting 7 min, I used an older version of MultiBeast (3.5.1), and applied USB rollback. This time it worked. I rebooted and had mouse and keyboard right away. I've been happily Lion-ing ever since.

LOL...you guys are waaaaay more patient than I am! I think I only ever managed to wait three minutes and my k/b and mouse didn't start working again so I'd try rebooting...and now I reinstalled SL & Lion only to have my k/b & mouse become unresponsive again after a few restarts. I will most likely rollback to SL and keep an eye on this thread hoping for a fix.

the SAME problem, Zotac H55 itx, i3 530, GT 210, apple G6 keyboard, mx revolution bluetooth mouse

I have/had same problem. First Lion boot goes fine, then I've removed ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext (it caused some KP) and installed NVDAGF100Hal.kext from http://www.kexts.com/view/1567-gtx_560_ ... .7_gm.html

I got my MSI 560 Ti Hawk working fine with all fancy accelerations, but with unresponsive mouse/keyboard - they start to work after 2 minutes.

Then I've removed NVDAGF100Hal.kext and after 2 reboots I got mouse and keyboard working immediately after login, but only at 1024x768 pixels.

Could it be that NVDAGF100Hal is causing this?

UPDATE:
I've reinstalled NVDAGF100Hal.kext and problem returned.

most of us affected with this problem use nVidia cards with patched kexts so I would say we should look for problem there. Now I have dual screen system and in first two minutes I can move mouse but I can't move it to other screen. After about two minutes this happens (copied from console):
Code:
8/7/11 8:22:40.000 PM kernel: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero
8/7/11 8:24:08.000 PM kernel: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
8/7/11 8:24:12.167 PM WindowServer: Unable to open IOHIDSystem (e00002bd)
8/7/11 8:24:12.000 PM kernel: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

display slightly changes colors and I can move cursor to other screen and click around.

Same problem for me as well.
I'm running a system with a GTX 580, and i think that's the reason. I cloned the drive for a machine with a GTX 480, replaced the kexts (patched nvidia kexts) and audio ones and it works like a charm.

So, i belive it's the modifications to the nvidia files that cause this.
It would be nice if somebody with a little more experience would take a look at this, there are a lot of people with this problem.

EasyViber said:
most of us affected with this problem use nVidia cards with patched kexts so I would say we should look for problem there. Now I have dual screen system and in first two minutes I can move mouse but I can't move it to other screen. After about two minutes this happens (copied from console):
Code:
8/7/11 8:22:40.000 PM kernel: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero
8/7/11 8:24:08.000 PM kernel: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.
8/7/11 8:24:12.167 PM WindowServer: Unable to open IOHIDSystem (e00002bd)
8/7/11 8:24:12.000 PM kernel: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

display slightly changes colors and I can move cursor to other screen and click around.

I do not. In fact, With my GTX470 in the box, I never bothered to get the graphics working pre 10.6.8 and even then I installed Nvidia's Native Cuda Driver and it was working beautifully. Same thing with Lion - the Cuda driver is the only thing in regards to video I have touched.

My issue is the 2 minute variety - everything works perfectly... after a 2 minute wait NEARLY every time I reboot. The weird thing is, it doesn't happen every time and I cant figure out why... rebuilding a cache? IDK.

i had the same issue ,after bootup 7 minutes delay time .can not click or can not use keyboard for 7-8 min. I read somewhere that some of the usb devises made a mess ,so i pulled out my usb bluetooth dongle and its works great now no delay at all.Hope this can help

gotojanoo said:
i had the same issue ,after bootup 7 minutes delay time .can not click or can not use keyboard for 7-8 min. I read somewhere that some of the usb devises made a mess ,so i pulled out my usb bluetooth dongle and its works great now no delay at all.Hope this can help

Thankyou thankyout hankyou. It now works :D Didn't even notice the dongle as it is on the back and really tiny :D

I've got it working after restoring all kexts from Lion installation and repatching NVDAGF100Hal.kext. I won't touch that again if I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back