Contribute
Register

Keyboard and mouse unresponsive for first few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxrota said:
The strange thing is that even my magic trackpad works, but the system is not allowing any interaction for those 7 minutes...
did you get gtx460 working with hi res

Gtx is working perfectly!

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-08-24 om 09.16.54.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-08-24 om 09.16.54.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 141
When I did a fresh install of lion, installed all the tweaks with multibeast, the system did NOT have this problem!!!

Only after doing a system migration of my time-machine backup did the problem surface!!

:?:

Has anybody fixed this yet?

When I set keyboard/mouse settings, and then restart, the settings also reset.

Any news?

Everything rocks except for 2 mins. boot delay.

Maybe we can start sharing our specs:

CPU: i5-2500
MB: Asus p7p68-le rev.1
Ram: 6gb 1333mhz
HD: SSD (Boot) & 1tb
Mouse & Keyboard: Logitech + USBOverdrive
Webcam: Logitech c270
Wifi: Sitecom 150n x1
Printer: Brother dcp.585

Bump,

I'm having the same issue. Can move the mouse, cant click for several minutes...

recently changed from 9800GT to 5770HD.

It's making me insane

Hi guys, I`ve suffered same problem, then found that:http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31841
Got a kext IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from working Snow Leopard (10.6.7) with ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext at plugins folder inside, installed at s/l/e, rebuilded a caches with multibeast, and problem gone. Thanks to dtr for solution!

FYI, I tried everything to get my mouse and keyboard freeze on bootup issue resolved. I would have read every post and actioned them all. Turns out it was mo fo Logitech drivers for the mo fo keyboard and mouse. Lesson learnt now :clap: .. ..duh!

I have recently run in to this issue as well. Everything was fine until I started work on my HDMI audio setup. It wasn't until I patched my ApplyHDAController that I noticed the problem. Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I would add to the post. Would love to find the fix. Curious if it has to do w/the os looking for a HDMI device connected when one is not. Thoughts?

Video: ASUS EN210 Silent - GeForce 210 512MB

Fixed this on lion 10.7.2 by restoring IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext from vanilla 10.7.2 (I recall deleting ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext from the plugins folder after installing lion, not knowing the mouse/kb delay would start from there on) and switched smbios to imac12,2 using multibeast.

The reason why i deleted ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext post lion installation: I was getting KP's at boot when using smbios imac11,3. That said, the KP did go away deleting the ACPI.. kext but the mouse/kb delay started to kick in..

TL;DR smbios macpro3,1 and imac12,2 works okay with vanilla IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext and no more mouse/kb delay at login screen, yey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back