Graphics
GeForce 9600GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Everything seems to be working for me in 10.7 except for this one thing: Nothing on the desktop/title bar/dock responds to my (wired) keyboard or (wired) mouse after I boot up for. I can move my mouse cursor, but icons/menus/etc don't react to mouse clicks. The keyboard behaves as if it's not plugged in. After about a minute, everything returns to normal and I can interact with everything as usual. This issue only applies to the first minute or two after startup.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Same here, but I have tried the iousb rollback from multi beast and it removed all USB support

Same thing happens to me as well. I opened Console and it was giving me these error messages:

11-07-23 2:15:00.054 AM WindowServer: Unable to open IOHIDSystem (e00002bd)

11-07-23 2:39:42.000 AM kernel: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.

11-07-23 2:41:19.000 AM kernel: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

11-07-23 2:41:19.319 AM WindowServer: Unable to open IOHIDSystem (e00002bd)

11-07-23 2:48:49.357 AM com.apple.kextcache: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext has no Info.plist file.

Mouse and and keyboard still work..... I can see windows opening and things moving in the background. I can move mouse pointer but but can click on anything. Pressing mouse
and keyboard buttons have no effect until about a minute. Then after a minute or so whatever you've clicked on will open or Dock will magnify if the pointer is left on Dock.

Does anyone have an Idea on how we can fix these issues? Please Help us. :)

Thanks.

Tony you rock!

This one came up a couple of days ago for me and a number of other folks. The problem appears to be a little more wide spread than just a few random machines (I've read about it on other sites as well).

I, too, tried the roll back without success. I believe we are going to need a modified kext that works with Lion or a dsdt fix. Until then it's either roll back to 10.6.8 (which was no joy on my equipment either) or simply endure. I'm waiting a full 7 minutes and 50 seconds after boot before the USB keyboard and BT mouse fully respond.

If anyone has a workaround please let us know!!!

TIA

Rick
Aurora, IL.

A me too here! Mine waits only 2 minutes.
This problem goes away if you reinstall a user provided DSDT though this method while fixed the slow login issue it hosed the video driver for me nVidia GTX 460 so I'm reinstalled and having to live with a 2 minute login screen.
Here it hangs from kernel logs.

Code:
Jul 24 16:33:48 Hack-n-Toshs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: VBoxAdpDrv: version 4.0.12 r72916
Jul 24 16:35:49 Hack-n-Toshs-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task*, void*, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

2 minutes and 1 second.

Seems the same problem i had with with my GA EP41-UD3L.

After install Lion all work perfect but sound.
I use to configure this machine with share screen. After install some kexts and did the first remote restart. The Lion asked me if i want to open all programs blalblbalba on next start. i said yes. After restart my mouse and keyboard stop work, only can move cursor but no click. I could keep controlling machine with screen share. So what i did was, turn off network. After that my mouse come back to normal. Did other restart, but this time choose to not open lats programs blalbllab. All seems ok now, mouse and keyboard works perfect after each restart.

Not sure what happen, but seems like the new restart option, didn't like the sharing screen.

The tip is turn network off and on again. worked for me

Same USB keyboard and mouse freezing problem here.
- Followed Lion/xMove installation instruction
- At the language selection screen, keyboard and mouse did not work
- Waited and waited with hope that the USB keyboard and mouse function would be back, but computer went to sleep without keyboard/mouse functioned.

Well, back to SL 10.6.8 for now. I am still looking for solution. If anyone has any info, please post. Greatly appreciated.

Have this issue as well after lion install (deleted ACPI_SMC*.kext file on installer partition)
Also this issue showed up for me during install as-well.
Also when I install 10.6.8 and delete this kext same issue appears. But if i install 10.6.8 under another Snow leopard it doesn't need deleting kext so everything works fine in 10.6.8.

So as far as I can see its issue originating from ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext removal before installation. Other question how to fix it after install goes through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back