i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm now sure how to ask this question... but will the system have conflicts if the EFI folder .kext boots with the same named .kext files within the Library/Extensions folder or should everything just be in the Extensions folder?

Thanks and still in understanding mode.

K

Kevin’s_Hackintosh.png

I'm now sure how to ask this question... but will the system have conflicts if the EFI folder .kext boots with the same named .kext files within the Library/Extensions folder or should everything just be in the Extensions folder?

Thanks and still in understanding mode.

K

View attachment 429277

Hi there.

The answer is "No" - kind of ...

This shouldn't be necessary in reality, but I know what you mean, some people do configure this way and duplicate kexts.

Basically if two sets of the same kexts are used (for some obscure reason) then they should be identical point-releases etc.

Having explained that, in the screengrab you use one folder has FakeSMC on its own and the other has FakeSMC and its sensor plugins. That isn't sensible by any stretch.

Check out @jaymonkey 's excellent thread here.

:)

Hi there.

The answer is "No" - kind of ...

This shouldn't be necessary in reality, but I know what you mean, some people do configure this way and duplicate kexts.

Basically if two sets of the same kexts are used (for some obscure reason) then they should be identical point-releases etc.

Having explained that, in the screengrab you use one folder has FakeSMC on its own and the other has FakeSMC and its sensor plugins. That isn't sensible by any stretch.

Check out @jaymonkey 's excellent thread here.

:)

Great link and lots to understand. So thanks!!

Another question.... so at this stage, my system is up and running but not all hardware components being seen by the OS or recognized in the system. What is my best trouble shooting method to resolve these?

This is low priority but where do I start on something simple like this?

The Memory Tab is missing from the About this Mac.

Kevin’s_Hackintosh-2.png

Great link and lots to understand. So thanks!!

Another question.... so at this stage, my system is up and running but not all hardware components being seen by the OS or recognized in the system. What is my best trouble shooting method to resolve these?

This is low priority but where do I start on something simple like this?

The Memory Tab is missing from the About this Mac.

View attachment 429317

I've not upgraded to Catalina yet, but I suspect your non-recognised hardware could be caused by third-party kexts that fall foul of Catalina's new kernel-patching policy and read-only system areas. Research will be needed for specific items - such as audio - to find out what others have done to get around the restrictions. Reading the main Catalina release thread a high percentage of posters highlight the lack of audio as a problem ...

Thanks. I was able to get the Audio working using the Hackingtool.

Now I'm troubleshooting My Bluetooth since thats not being seen / reconized now.

Thanks. I was able to get the Audio working using the Hackingtool.

Now I'm troubleshooting My Bluetooth since thats not being seen / reconized now.

I imagine that's the USB feed to it which is causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back