Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics after installing security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... ... realize now (seeing the kernel panic, but a different one from on this thread because I'm a dullard and made it worse). I have to always run multibeast... I think... right? That's what I'm going to go and try now.

Thanks! I did just that and was able to get in and update the ktexts. Back up and running.
when you updated the kext files... Which ones? I'm going to need to do that, I think... And I apologize to EVERYONE for being so very very n00b at this... I'm trying to learn so that I know what to do the next time...

when you updated the kext files... Which ones? I'm going to need to do that, I think... And I apologize to EVERYONE for being so very very n00b at this... I'm trying to learn so that I know what to do the next time...

For my case it was 1. Lilu 2. NvidiaGraphicsFixup Both I downloaded from their respective websites.

Well... I've gone through all of the install scripts. I'm about ready to chug a fifth of jack and end it all ;-) I know I don't really know what I'm doing, but cannot seem to get rid of this KP...! I keep thinking I'm doing the right things (and keep -reinstalling; thinking I'm doing it right), but I always end up with this. I know I'm most likely doing something completely stupid, but I'm a little at my wits end... Sadly... I don't even know what that means (remember, Im a n00b idiot). Can someone walk me through or point me to a set up that speaks in small, single syllable words? LOL! I'm doing something wrong and not modifying something properly... or... I don't know...

Attachments

• KernelPanic.jpeg
    KernelPanic.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 163
Well... I've gone through all of the install scripts. I'm about ready to chug a fifth of jack and end it all ;-) I know I don't really know what I'm doing, but cannot seem to get rid of this KP...! I keep thinking I'm doing the right things (and keep -reinstalling; thinking I'm doing it right), but I always end up with this. I know I'm most likely doing something completely stupid, but I'm a little at my wits end... Sadly... I don't even know what that means (remember, Im a n00b idiot). Can someone walk me through or point me to a set up that speaks in small, single syllable words? LOL! I'm doing something wrong and not modifying something properly... or... I don't know...

Can you list down the steps you followed to end up on this screen?

I followed the below post. I'm on the computer now, but I know (or I think I know) that if I shutdown and re-boot it, I'll get the kernel panic that I've been getting since Friday afternoon. It's like clicking install in multibeast isn't overwriting something and, I think I'm saving the changes in clover configurator, but (at least for me) it isn't that intuitive. The post sounds pretty straight forward, so, I think it's "the loos nut behind the keyboard", somehow...
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-z270x-ultra-gaming-i7-6700k-gtx-1060.231054/

Can you list down the steps you followed to end up on this screen?
I just realized you weren't looking for the link. After choosing to boot from my drive, the Apple Shows, then that screen... I think I'm going to give up and wait until my friend is back from Cali. I'm going to have a TON of questions for him however... I like to "do for myself" and I'm sure a lot of you all here have a similar mindset. :) If anyone knows what my dumb a** did, however, please chime in... LOL!

Well... Somehow, the village idiot snatched victory from the jaws of defeat... Usually, it's the other way around. I'm hoping maybe someone can pat me on the head, laugh behind my back and tell me how to (or point me in the right direction) on what to do with alleviating this conglomeration. Upgrading to High Sierra seemed to fix it for me, but as you can see, I have a little "party" going on that I'd like to fix. I'll start hunting around and see if there's something already posted. Thank you all for putting up with me. I really do appreciate it and I hope you got a laugh; I know I did (OK, maybe not...). :-D

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpeg
    IMG_0337.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 137
I know I'm late to this, and it might not be helpful, but I just successfully updated and wanted to post for others searching for a fix:

MSI - Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX, Intel Core i7 7700, NVIDA GeForce GTX 1050ti

1. Updated Clover Configurator
2. Mounted and backed up my EFI partition
3a. Updated lilu.kext, NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext, and AppleALC.kext (the first two are linked in the TonyMac Downloads section, the third I just googled). All three are now at v. 1.2.2
3b. Updated Clover itself (you might be on the most recent version, who knows?)
4. rebooted
5. downloaded new NVIDA web drivers (v. 378.05.05.25f06 - linked in TonyMac download section)
6. Installed the update via App Store
7. rebooted
8. Installed NVIDA web drivers
9. rebooted
10. Success!

I still got the black screen when booting after doing everything listed above. I ran AGDPfix and both my monitors starting working after a reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back