Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics after installing security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is one of those situations where others will find their solution reading and seeing what others have done. I know, for me, reading through the trials and tribulations of others, helped me think it through. Thank you to you all for posting.

solved this problem with a bit of additional setup
i too encountered this problem, and had reboot cycles after the login screen.

updated to latest 1.2.2
- lilu
- nvidia graphic fix up plugin
- apple alc plugin

must delete
- NVWebDriverLibValFix

for noobs
- follow the above post on updating clover. use your old config plist
- also doesn't hurt to make sure you have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (use clover to install)

check this post
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-subsequent-nvidia-web-driver-update.244117/

this is what i did, worked first time.

1. selected my boot partition in clover, pressed space, enabled safe mode. this allowed me into osx

2. downloaded 1.2.2 lilu from here and then unzipped it to my desktop: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases/download/1.2.2/1.2.2.RELEASE.zip

3. opened Kext Drop and dropped the new lilu.kext into it (download/install kextdrop if you dont have it). i also updated nvidia drivers here once prompted, worked fine

4. restarted and all was well

one point to note: i never once checked what lilu.kext i had running nor removed any of them. i just installed the 1.2.2 as per step 3 above and NOTHING ELSE. my system is sierra 10.12.6 and i only started having this kernel panic after the 2018-01 security update from the app store.

hope this helps :)

I’m having the same problem after that security update. I used the -liluoff boot option and that gets me as far as the login screen but after selecting my account and typing in my password the screen flickers and it goes right back to the login screen.

Edit: managed to login with save mode. Now I need to find a wired mouse.

Last edited:
I updated the lilu and nvidia kexts and now I get this screen even when I boot in save mode. Anything I can do now?

I didn’t install apple alc plugin or delete NVWebDriverLibValFix as instructed above if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back