Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics after installing security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can listen, you'd set -liluoff in boot arguments.
Thank you so much. Finally got in to the machine. Went to library/extensions and found several Kexts called something with lilu. 3 called lilu.kext and 3 called lilufriend.kext
Do I delete them all

Thanks again for your help

So I deleted the lilu.kext files from the extensions but I still have to do the -liluoff in boot args every time the computer boots. And also the computer uses build in graphics in stead of graphics card. So no permanent fix. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it ?

Thank you. I really really REALLY appreciate you for posting and adding to this thread. I deleted lilu.kext and then tried (per another thread) IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well. I'm still getting the kernel panic. I still have the kext files on my desktop, just in case. I still get the KP and I'm a novice at this; a friend actually built this machine for me and for the first time, it's humbled me to frustration... I was hoping he was going to give me a quick run through on what's what, here, but that hasn't happened, yet. It looks like I need to get5 up to speed QUICK! If there's any thoughts, they'd be greatly appreciated. the -liluoff has me up at the moment.
Mobo-Gigabit GA-Z270X Ultragaming
CPU-i7-7700k
Internal HD-630

Thank you. I really really REALLY appreciate you for posting and adding to this thread. I deleted lilu.kext and then tried (per another thread) IntelGraphicsFixup.kext as well. I'm still getting the kernel panic. I still have the kext files on my desktop, just in case. I still get the KP and I'm a novice at this; a friend actually built this machine for me and for the first time, it's humbled me to frustration... I was hoping he was going to give me a quick run through on what's what, here, but that hasn't happened, yet. It looks like I need to get5 up to speed QUICK! If there's any thoughts, they'd be greatly appreciated. the -liluoff has me up at the moment.
Mobo-Gigabit GA-Z270X Ultragaming
CPU-i7-7700k
Internal HD-630
And I've made things worse. I'm now stepping through the High Sierra install steps in hopes that should rectify my shenanigans... I'm learning... hopefully at a quick pace.

I encountered the same problem after I let the OS install the latest update. So I went into the clover options and turned off lilu. I was able to get into the desktop. The first thing that popped up was the nvidia drivers telling me that there was an update. I should have ignored it and just updated the lilu ktexts. But I went ahead and updated the Nvidia web drivers. After a restart, the screen goes blank when it attempts to display the desktop. I tried restarting again with lilu off and disabling nvidia web drivers but it doesn't help.

Not sure what to try next. I swapped out my Nvidia 1060 for a 770 and same results. I even pulled out my video card to try running on just the Intel internal graphics but I couldn't even get it to display anything on any port.

I encountered the same problem after I let the OS install the latest update. So I went into the clover options and turned off lilu. I was able to get into the desktop. The first thing that popped up was the nvidia drivers telling me that there was an update. I should have ignored it and just updated the lilu ktexts. But I went ahead and updated the Nvidia web drivers. After a restart, the screen goes blank when it attempts to display the desktop. I tried restarting again with lilu off and disabling nvidia web drivers but it doesn't help.

Not sure what to try next. I swapped out my Nvidia 1060 for a 770 and same results. I even pulled out my video card to try running on just the Intel internal graphics but I couldn't even get it to display anything on any port.
yeah.... I'm not sure what to do next, either, but... I'm very new to this. Today, I've just been thinking about it and just now decided to come back to it.

I did the exact same mistake but I'm able to boot in to system by: -liluoff nv_disable=1

I did the exact same mistake but I'm able to boot in to system by: -liluoff nv_disable=1
I went the "nuclear" route and built a USB to re-install Sierra. I tried doing an upgrade to High Sierra, but that was a complete no-go with all that I tried doing before (Sort of like a bull in a china shop, I guess). I haven't done the multicast step from the install guide, but I don't think I need to...? I'm going to re-boot now and make sure,

I'm up. SOOOoooo... if all else fails, you can alway drop back and punt. Now, knowing that I have a SERIOUS... ID10T issue with who's in charge of my computer... ... I'm going to see what I can glean from all these pages, here. That was a bit of a bummer... I do see that it's telling me that I need to re-install that security update... Knowing that I'm "challenged" I'm going to see what others say to do. I'm also going to wait on updating to High Sierra for the time being; That... ... for some reason didn't go so well from the USB I built and I don't know enough of what I'm doing (yet) to know why. I CAN (well usually) seem to follow directions... LOL!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE GUIDANCE! I really really REALLY appreciate it! Now... I know who to call! You're the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back