Contribute
Register

Kernel Panics after installing security updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
HD 630
I went to sleep one night, leaving my hackintosh running, and it appears it took the liberty to automatically update to Security Update 2018-001 (even though I told it to always ask me, and I never said yes). Well, I wake up this morning to find it stuck in a boot loop, and every few seconds, it would say there was a kernel panic. I can't boot, I've messed around with clover options, cpu spoofing, etc. I can't get a good picture, it flashes the kernel panic for most of 1 second then *poof* It's gone.

I went to sleep one night, leaving my hackintosh running, and it appears it took the liberty to automatically update to Security Update 2018-001 (even though I told it to always ask me, and I never said yes). Well, I wake up this morning to find it stuck in a boot loop, and every few seconds, it would say there was a kernel panic. I can't boot, I've messed around with clover options, cpu spoofing, etc. I can't get a good picture, it flashes the kernel panic for most of 1 second then *poof* It's gone.
I'm having the same issue. Latest security update puts my computer into an endless loop. Image posted. I've updated to
Clover_v2.4k_r4392. GA Z170X Gaming 3, 7700k, Nitro+ RX580.

Attachments

• Where loop Starts.jpg
    Where loop Starts.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 648
-liluoff worked for me to get into it, then I deleted lilu.

How did you fix it? I have the same problem and I’m going crazy
Because of the update Lilu.kext also requires an update along with any other kext that you are using in conjunction with it.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

You have to use the option -liluoff in boot args in clover before you can get into Mac to delete it.

Because of the update Lilu.kext also requires an update along with any other kext that you are using in conjunction with it.
And here comes the really stupid question. How do I add the kext when I can’t get in to my computer. I know I’m stupid. That’s why I need the help :)

You would open finder and hit GO > Go To Folder and type /Library/Extensions
It's all in there.

And here comes the really stupid question. How do I add the kext when I can’t get in to my computer. I know I’m stupid. That’s why I need the help :)
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you
Safe mode ?

If you can listen, you'd set -liluoff in boot arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back