Register

Kernel Panic Ventura Ryzen 6900X + RX 6800XT

Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra
CPU
Ryzen 9 5900X
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Hey Guys, need your help! I followed the Opencore Guide (updated to OC 0.9.1) with the Opencore latest version 0.9.7, Ventura 13.6.3 installed correctly but everytime it starts MacOS it reboots and cant get pass the first MacOS Setup.. normally the kernel panic happens in the first minute or so.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD 5900X
GPU: GIGABYTE RX6800XT Gaming OC
RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 Mhz
Motherboard Model: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra rev. 1.2
SSD: Crucial P5 2TB
Audio Codec: w/motherboard (appleALC)
Ethernet Card: w/motherboard (Intel)
Wifi/BT Card: Fenvi T919
BIOS revision: F35

Log and Efi attached

Attachments

• opencore-2023-12-29-211213.txt
    256 KB · Views: 6
  • EFI OC 0.9.7.zip
    4 MB · Views: 5
Ed might be better for this one, but I'll throw my shillings worth in!. the only two things that I can see that might cause a problem is having NVMeFixt.kext, I read earlier it wasn't necessary. You could try adding 3841 to your PlatformInfo>Generic>ProcessorType, see if that helps. But I'm pretty sure the real issue is a Quirk in your EFI. Ive experienced sudden reboots after a minute before, so check those over again, (sorry don't remember which quirk).

I’ll have a look at the EFI when I am back at my desk.

Try this revised EFI folder in place of your current EFI.
  1. I have cleaned up the EFI contents and config.plist.
  2. I have added a populated Resources folder, so you can use the OC GUI in place of the text Picker List.
  3. I have removed some unnecessary/non-essential sensor kexts, these can be added back once you have finished troubleshooting this issue.
  4. I have added latest release of IntelMausiEthernet.kext so your built-in Ethernet controller works.
  5. I have removed some unnecessary entries from your config.plist so it is easier to read and navigate.
  6. I have enabled XhciPortLimit quirk so your system USB ports work. You really need to create a custom USBPorts.kext or USBMAp.kext for your system.
Use this revised EFI folder on a spare USB pen drive.

Make sure you add your MacPro7,1 SMBIOS data to the revised config.plist before you try using it.

Do not change anything else in the OC setup.

Post a photo of the verbose text should the system kernel panic while booting.

Do not replace your current EFI until you know this revised folder works.

Attachments

• EFI OC 0.9.7-v2.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 5
Back