Graphics
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 x3 Windforce Fans
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am unable to get to the installation of Snow Leopard, and seeing as this is my first hackintosh attempt, I am unsure of what to do to overcome this problem.

I have been following tonymacx86's Snow Leopard installation guide, and have successfully reached the 7th step. When I boot the Snow Leopard install DVD, and the apple logo pops up I get a kernel panic saying;

"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\....

I have tried using commands like -v -f acpi=off GraphicsEnabler=No but with no success.

I am using iBoot-Haswell, and I read that I do not require a DSDT as my motherboard is is an UEFI and doesn't require further modification.

My specs;
Motherboard: Asus Z87-plus
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K (Haswell)
GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
RAM: 16GB DDR3

I really need to have Mac OS X working properly before I start university because my course requires it, please can someone help me with my problem?

Thanks in advance!

hollowed

One issue is that the video card will not work w Snow Leo .... You will need to get to mavericks then use that card. So remove it and use internal video ...

The CPU must support HD4600 GFX not HD4400 which is unsupported...

Also if the CPU is a K version you need to turn off in the BIOS the Vt-d settings...

Also if the ram is Vengeance series users have had issues w them .. its related to timings ... you may need to set the speed to a slower setting .. suggest using the XMP setting in the BIOS to see if this can fix the issues...

Suggest reviewing these posts for some ideas...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...os-x-10-6-snow-leopard-haswell-based-pcs.html

also you will need to use startup switches ... also do a google search on your Motherboard and the work Hackintosh and you will get some links that should help you....

Also you can search our forum for some results on this MB....

Also you should read this thread that I posted too...motherboard is different but should have similar settings and procedures for you.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...p-trying-install-sl-get-ml-get-mavericks.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back