Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB
Hi,

I installed High Sierra on my Hackintosh earlier today, and I'm getting a kernel panic whenever I try to boot to the new install.
I followed this guide, with the exception of I could not get the OS from the App Store (because it's no longer available.) But I had an install drive for High Sierra and copied the file into my Applications folder. The installation seemed to complete without any issues.

However when I try to boot (Clover v5102), I'm getting kernel panic. I've attached a photo of the error message, along with my EFI (zipped up) and images of my BIOS.

Using the same EFI and Clover, I am still able to boot into a Sierra clone I made of the drive just before the update.

Thanks for any advice,
Lev

Attachments

• BIOS.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 102
  • EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG-4741.JPG
    IMG-4741.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 253
Thanks for the info about High Sierra – it wasn't coming up in searches of the app store.

I filmed my boot in slow mo and here are screencaps
(apologies for the blurriness):

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.54.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.55.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.55.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.56.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.57.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.58.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.59.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.59.52 AM.png

Thanks
Lev

Please complete your profile as per site rules.

I filmed my boot in slow mo and here are screencaps
Inconclusive. zip and attach your /EFI folder.

Here's the EFI, thanks.

For my profile, I'm currently just using the onboard graphics card for the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P. I have a Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB ready to install, but I figured one thing at a time.

Best,
Lev

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 90
Here's the EFI, thanks.

For my profile, I'm currently just using the onboard graphics card for the Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P. I have a Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 580 8GB ready to install, but I figured one thing at a time.

Best,
Lev
best to have your hardware installed first then install

no point in getting it to work on intel graphics and the messing around after trying to setup AMD graphics

Here's the EFI
Looks familiar, have you posted it somewhere else recently ?

Injecting Intel graphics is wrong.
Try adding Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and they will handle graphics configuration for you.

I just added those kexts – with the Radeon installed, my screen goes into sleep mode and I can't even get to BIOS. So, I'll start looking into that.

Without the card installed, I seem to get the same panic. Haven't watched it in slow mo yet, but that seems to be what happens.

Best,
L

Ok, when it comes to the Radeon, I think it's the power supply. I just have 430 watts, which is below the suggested minimum. And I can see my CPU fan is spinning slow if I power on with it plugged in.

Putting that aside until I can get a new PSU, any advice about the booting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
L

I tried re-cloning my Sierra backup drive, downloading High Sierra from the app store, and reinstalling. Exact same result.

I suspect it's something about my EFI setup but have no idea how to troubleshoot it. If anyone can take a look at my EFI it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back