gigabyte gtx 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I'm stuck with my new build and I need some help. It's pretty close the the ivybridge builds in the buyers guide:

i5 3570k
Gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h - latest bios
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce 2X NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB
8gb ram

Basically when I hit f12 and select the ML install usb drive I get a kernel panic, booting -v shows it stopping on atherosL1cEthernet: Ethernet address but maybe the problem lies in the text before? I have attached a picture (sorry about the quality).

I have followed the instructions about what to enable or disable in the bios. One internal drive is connected a 7200rpm 160gb drive. I also have keyboard, mouse and install usb drive connected, I did have a few errors because the drive was in a usb 3.0 port but I moved it and that worked.

I created a new boot usb drive from ML installer using the latest unibeast, I also have another usb drive created with an older version of unibeast that worked without problems on my old pc. Both have the same problem so I think that can be ruled out.

I'm not sure what my next move is? Any help would be great

**found this http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/66590-z77x-ud5h-stuck-boot.html none of the boot flags help

Attachments

• IMG_20121022_131105.jpg
    IMG_20121022_131105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,151
Not a kernel panic, it would say "panic" and have a large block of numbers. This is just hanging.

Go to BIOS and find the setting for VT-d and set it to "disabled".

Not a kernel panic, it would say "panic" and have a large block of numbers. This is just hanging.

Go to BIOS and find the setting for VT-d and set it to "disabled".

Yea, sorry I just classed it as that because of the 'kernel panic' screen that appears. I'll give that a go, thanks.

No luck it was already disabled.

It seems it just won't boot with the gfx card installed. I was able to install and run everything fine with the hd4000 graphics.

Anyone have any tips?

no good, stuck on white screen with dvi, tried rebooting with hdmi and got a black screen.

return it for a card that definitely works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back