Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6950
After upgrading my hackintosh. I received several kernel panics. I am using the "UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC" guide. After renaming DDST.aml and SSDT.aml, I was able to get farther into the boot process. However, I am stuck at step 5:5. I get the following kernel panic:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002dc19e): Kernel trap at 0xffffff80006980997, type 14=page fault, registers:.....

My google foo was not strong enough to find anything on this type of error. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• photo (6).jpg
    photo (6).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,221
Try to reboot with the -x or/and the -v Kernel Flags.
I think there is a Problem with a .kext, but you can't see which .kext, because you would have to scroll up.

Regards

Forgive my ignorance, how would I do that?

If you're at the bootloader, then just type.

Regards

Thank you for the information.

I ran the boot with the -x and -v options. A lot of things ran across the screen. The attached screen shot is where the Kernel is panicking.

It looks like there might be something going on with the Radeon HD 6850 driver, but I am basically a noob and have no idea where to go next.

Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,431
I am having almost the exact same issue

Try to boot with "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" or "-v GraphicsEnabler=No"
Write it exactly like I did, because thats case-sensitive.

Regards

Chippster,

Gigabyte and Asus boards sometimes have different settings even though both may be using the same graphics card. I would think the settings offered by Sidisido may not necessarily work with your board.

To get your Mavericks to install correctly I would suggest you start afresh - this always works 99% of the time. First is check your BIOS settings are correct. As you are using an external AMD card set in BIOS the Initial Display to PEG mode and disable any internal graphics, Intel Speedstep and VT-d modes. Also check that AHCI and the UEFI and legacy modes have been enabled for the disk drives - you must also set the boot order to use UEFI mode for your drives. These are most likely the main causes of the crashing problem.

I suggest you keep your current drive intact (don't touch it yet) and get a new hard drive to install Mavericks on. Once the new drive has Mavericks successfully installed you can use Migration Assistant to migrate back the files, apps.

As to instructions for installation:

1) Start off by pressing F12 at boot time, and boot from your Unibeast stick.
2) At the prompt try typing in -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1.
If this fails try -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0
or -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No NPCI=0x3000 (or a combination thereof).
3) If Mavericks is successful, install it and restart the system booting from the Unibeast stick again.
4) At the Chimera boot prompt, select your new Macintosh HD and type in the verbose command again which worked. ie. -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1
5) Create a new username with password
6) Log into Mavericks and install Multibeast with your relevant settings. ie. Realtek WithoutDSDT 899; USB3 third party; Sandy Bridge i5 Core SSDT, Mac Pro 3,1 system definitions
7) Save and reboot the system.
8) If it works it should boot into Mavericks. After which you can use Migration Assistant to migrate your data back to your new drive, and then delete the newly create Maverick user account from the current hard drive using System Preferences > Users & Accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back