i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sidenote: When you try to search the tmac site for 'kernel flags ignored' you get a banner that ironically says "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ignored"
--
I'm trying to get my USB ports working (10.14.4, Z370 so series 200 chipset) but I'm struggling with the kernel flags. Not just the UIA flags, but the flags in general.

I've been unable to get any of the UIA flags to have any apparent affect (the list of ports is always the same), but in trying to troubleshoot this I found that I'm also unable to get any of these flags to seemingly do anything helpful:
  • debug=0x100
  • MountEFI=disk0s1
  • LogEveryBoot=Yes, LogLocation=/Volumes/EFI, LogLineCount=0
The `-v` flag seems to work - I get a bunch of text output before the graphical mode takes over. `MountEFI` set to 'yes', 'disk0' or 'disk0s1' doesn't mount the EFI partition. I've tried a few different `LogLocation` paths and can't seem to find the log anywhere. I'm sorry for being an idiot, but I'm so confused. I can't seem to get any more information from logs other than what Clover/Hackintool have.

If it helps, kexts in .../other:
Lilu.kext SMCSuperIO.kext WhateverGreen.kext
NoVPAJpeg.kext USBInjectAll.kext XHCI-unsupported.kext
SMCProcessor.kext VirtualSMC.kext

thanks

Attachments

• config_redacted.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 111
  • boot_log_hackintool.txt
    27.7 KB · Views: 89
Sidenote: When you try to search the tmac site for 'kernel flags ignored' you get a banner that ironically says "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: ignored"
--
I'm trying to get my USB ports working (10.14.4, Z370 so series 200 chipset) but I'm struggling with the kernel flags. Not just the UIA flags, but the flags in general.

I've been unable to get any of the UIA flags to have any apparent affect (the list of ports is always the same), but in trying to troubleshoot this I found that I'm also unable to get any of these flags to seemingly do anything helpful:
  • debug=0x100
  • MountEFI=disk0s1
  • LogEveryBoot=Yes, LogLocation=/Volumes/EFI, LogLineCount=0
The `-v` flag seems to work - I get a bunch of text output before the graphical mode takes over. `MountEFI` set to 'yes', 'disk0' or 'disk0s1' doesn't mount the EFI partition. I've tried a few different `LogLocation` paths and can't seem to find the log anywhere. I'm sorry for being an idiot, but I'm so confused. I can't seem to get any more information from logs other than what Clover/Hackintool have.

If it helps, kexts in .../other:
Lilu.kext SMCSuperIO.kext WhateverGreen.kext
NoVPAJpeg.kext USBInjectAll.kext XHCI-unsupported.kext
SMCProcessor.kext VirtualSMC.kext

thanks

Hello.

The Port Limit Removal Patch for 10.14.4 is actually 3x find and replaces. In your config.plist there is only one line. Check out this link for the patch. You need to add all three for it to work. That should open all your ports for configuration.

:)

Ah goodness. Well, I saw another thread where someone had posted a screenshot of 'Remove port limit 1', '...2', and '...3' and it never dawned on me that I needed all three. But as soon as I searched for "Port Limit Removal Patch for 10.14.4" I found exactly the find/replace items I needed.

It didn't seem to go exactly to plan - the dang kernel flags still didn't do anything - but a bunch of new SS ports showed up with the extra find/replace lines. I followed the directions in the (help) section of Hackintool, and now the USB ports I need work. It's a bit wonky, ie Finder thinks a USB flash drive is a CD/DVD/iPod, and won't display the drive icon on the desktop unless I mark that box in Finder prefs. But honestly, that's minor and whatever. Finally I've got USB3 speeds back - and the USB3 ports actually work with USB3 devices, rather than only with USB2 devices.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back