Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I´m a total newbie, but the guides of the installation for os 10.6 look easy so I´ve tried to make a hackintosh on a Dell inspirion core i3. Result epic fail.
The first difference between the tutorial and my case is that I couldn´t set all the settings specify, such "HPET to 64-bit mode" and "boot Priority to CD/DVD first was set Optimized Defaults" because those options weren´t avaliable.
Anyway i manage to boot the pc with the i boot but when it was mounting a kernel error showed up so I´ve tried iboot hashwell and ivy bridge just in case, these last ones pop out shutting down messages.

I don´t know how to keep going from this point, I will continue reading but in the meantime i´ll apreciate any kind of help, thanks

Hello, I´m a total newbie, but the guides of the installation for os 10.6 look easy so I´ve tried to make a hackintosh on a Dell inspirion core i3. Result epic fail.
The first difference between the tutorial and my case is that I couldn´t set all the settings specify, such "HPET to 64-bit mode" and "boot Priority to CD/DVD first was set Optimized Defaults" because those options weren´t avaliable.
Anyway i manage to boot the pc with the i boot but when it was mounting a kernel error showed up so I´ve tried iboot hashwell and ivy bridge just in case, these last ones pop out shutting down messages.

I don´t know how to keep going from this point, I will continue reading but in the meantime i´ll apreciate any kind of help, thanks

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back