Contribute
Register

Kernel cache error after booting into windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello. Ive been having this strange issue that i can't seem to find anyone else having in the forum.

I have a dual boot system with OS X and Windows each on separate SSD, everything works fine in both OS's however every time i boot into windows using clover after i reboot again and try to boot OS X i get a kernel Panic:

Read error 0x7
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Flags like boot without cache, injected kext, etc make no difference.

7f1fa937c4a44577afa7c9d55ca94eeb.png

The only way to make OS X boot again is to turn off the PC wait like 20 seconds then everything seems to work fine.

Something appears to be wrong with my boot loader but i have idea what... can someone guide me in the right direction to fix this?

Here is a Zip of my EFI partition. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4435040/EFI.zip

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    21.2 KB · Views: 168
Hello. Ive been having this strange issue that i can't seem to find anyone else having in the forum.

I have a dual boot system with OS X and Windows each on separate SSD, everything works fine in both OS's however every time i boot into windows using clover after i reboot again and try to boot OS X i get a kernel Panic:

Read error 0x7
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting...

Flags like boot without cache, injected kext, etc make no difference.

7f1fa937c4a44577afa7c9d55ca94eeb.png

The only way to make OS X boot again is to turn off the PC wait like 20 seconds then everything seems to work fine.

Something appears to be wrong with my boot loader but i have idea what... can someone guide me in the right direction to fix this?

Here is a Zip of my EFI partition. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4435040/EFI.zip

Is Windows mounting the EFI partition on your OS X drive by chance? Because that partition is a FAT partition, Windows would be able to mount it; perhaps it is doing so and either writing something to it OS X doesn't like, or not allowing it to unmount cleanly before rebooting. Check this by running Disk Management in Windows to see if it's mounted. I'm not sure how to tell Windows not to mount it, but I'm sure there's a way, if that's indeed the issue.

Is Windows mounting the EFI partition on your OS X drive by chance? Because that partition is a FAT partition, Windows would be able to mount it; perhaps it is doing so and either writing something to it OS X doesn't like, or not allowing it to unmount cleanly before rebooting.

Hi. No, windows is not mounting the OS X EFI Partition, it however mounts the OSX main partition since i have Paragon HFS+ software on both OS's... could this be causing the issue?

6240bbdc50cb467b9419075dbcf3378a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back