CPU
core i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 980 ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Followed the Sierra instructions to a T. I installed sierra on an extra ssd drive in my computer. All went well with booting from the usb stick, got sierra installed on the ssd. Once i rebooted into the ssd and did multibeast im getting kernel panics. I also downloaded the current nvidia drivers for 12.12.4. I read all over about how to fix this with the clover configurator but i cant even get into the os now, or the usb stick, total black screen of death. I just did a clean instal on said ssd and have got back to the stage where i would run multibeast. I have a running version of 10.10.5 inside this machine as well, not sure if that is an issue? Attaching the Kernel Panic & my multibeast settings. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4957.JPG
    IMG_4957.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 164
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 154
Followed the Sierra instructions to a T. I installed sierra on an extra ssd drive in my computer. All went well with booting from the usb stick, got sierra installed on the ssd. Once i rebooted into the ssd and did multibeast im getting kernel panics. I also downloaded the current nvidia drivers for 12.12.4. I read all over about how to fix this with the clover configurator but i cant even get into the os now, or the usb stick, total black screen of death. I just did a clean instal on said ssd and have got back to the stage where i would run multibeast. I have a running version of 10.10.5 inside this machine as well, not sure if that is an issue? Attaching the Kernel Panic & my multibeast settings. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Your Kernel Panic indicates a Memory Allocation problem. This is usually due to a hardware issue caused by RAM installation. Make sure you have at least one good working RAM module in the RAM socket closest to the CPU. Usually this is done by removing RAMs from other sockets and placing one RAM in Socket #1 ( the one closest to the CPU) and boot. If that fails, with the same error, remove that Stick, and try another of the remaining and try again until you have tried all your RAMS or succeed at any time. Needless to say , you should use Verbose mode booting (-v flag) until you have a good running System.

Try setting SMBIOS > Trust=true in your config.plist
Code:
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
If you use only one stick of RAM try moving it to a different slot.

Your Kernel Panic indicates a Memory Allocation problem. This is usually due to a hardware issue caused by RAM installation. Make sure you have at least one good working RAM module in the RAM socket closest to the CPU. Usually this is done by removing RAMs from other sockets and placing one RAM in Socket #1 ( the one closest to the CPU) and boot. If that fails, with the same error, remove that Stick, and try another of the remaining and try again until you have tried all your RAMS or succeed at any time. Needless to say , you should use Verbose mode booting (-v flag) until you have a good running System.

I have no issues with the ram when running the 10.10.5 instal on this system. Do you think the memory errors are coming from the new bootloader/sierra not recognizing the ram? I appreciate your response and will give that a shot.

Try setting SMBIOS > Trust=true in your config.plist
Code:
    <key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Trust</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>
If you use only one stick of RAM try moving it to a different slot.
This is a bit embarrassing but I do not know how to get to the config.plist? I know you need a .plist editor program but im not even sure how to get to the configurator? Is this something that I get into when I see the clover bootloader options? Or should I boot into sierra via the usb (only way i can get into sierra) and download the clover configurator app?

Attach config.plist.

I have no issues with the ram when running the 10.10.5 instal on this system. Do you think the memory errors are coming from the new bootloader/sierra not recognizing the ram? I appreciate your response and will give that a shot.

Please also note Moderator BreBo's post about Trust>True in confg. plist which is very often set as "False" and it may work in some but not all thus causing that Kernel Panic error. Since you have a working 10.10.5 in that system , you may make that as first boot device in BIOS and boot with that and download and launch Clover Confgurator-V in that System. Now Run "diskutil list" command and note your newly created Sierra HDD's EFI and its disk Identifier from the last column of terminal output. Mount EFI of Sierra on desktop and then navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist in CC-V

Go to SMBIOS menu [√] Trust just above and Right of Memory section and close to the Monitor icon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.59.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 8.59.55 AM.png
    273.5 KB · Views: 117
Please also note Moderator BreBo's post about Trust>True in confg. plist which is very often set as "False" and it may work in some but not all thus causing that Kernel Panic error. Since you have a working 10.10.5 in that system , you may make that as first boot device in BIOS and boot with that and download and launch Clover Confgurator-V in that System. Now Run "diskutil list" command and note your newly created Sierra HDD's EFI and its disk Identifier from the last column of terminal output. Mount EFI of Sierra on desktop and then navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER>Config.plist in CC-V

Go to SMBIOS menu [√] Trust just above and Right of Memory section and close to the Monitor icon.

SMBIOS Trust is always True not False. Without problem reporting files can't tell anything.

I appreciate everyones help in this thread, I have a ray of hope now. My 10.10.5 instal is already the first boot device. Question would be if I run clover configurator in my 10.10.5 instal (which was installed a couple years ago without any clover configuration just unibeast and multibeast) will that mess up the 10.10.5 instal? Also are you suggesting that I run clover configurator in my 10.10.5 to access the sierra instal? And in that I can access the efi of the sierra instal? Really appreciate the help and hate that im not up to speed like the rest of you. Will pass on the knowledge as I get it, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back