GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey, I recently got a SATA cable so I could re-use a old 160GB hard drive. On it I installed Kali, a version of Debian, which is a version of Linux. When I installed it, I plugged out all of the hard drives including my Mac SSD. After it was installed, I turned it off and re-pluged all of my hard drives in the correct order. I booted into clover and it showed me all my hard drives including Kali. But when I click it, it flashes and goes back to the selection menu. It's the same for installing operating systems of a USB. It just flashes a "underscore" in the top right.

Can anyone tell me what I should to do to solve it?

Thanks

Hey, I recently got a SATA cable so I could re-use a old 160GB hard drive. On it I installed Kali, a version of Debian, which is a version of Linux. When I installed it, I plugged out all of the hard drives including my Mac SSD. After it was installed, I turned it off and re-pluged all of my hard drives in the correct order. I booted into clover and it showed me all my hard drives including Kali. But when I click it, it flashes and goes back to the selection menu. It's the same for installing operating systems of a USB. It just flashes a "underscore" in the top right.

Can anyone tell me what I should to do to solve it?

Thanks
Install Clover in Legacy mode. Kali is probably installed Legacy mode with Grub2 installed to the MBR/PBR. Check your sources for Kali to see if they have a UEFI boot version.

Install Clover in Legacy mode. Kali is probably installed Legacy mode with Grub2 installed to the MBR/PBR. Check your sources for Kali to see if they have a UEFI boot version.
Thanks, I will try again. How can I re-install clover?
Wouldn't it mess up all of the Mac hard drive and the drivers themselves?

Thanks, I will try again. How can I re-install clover?
Wouldn't it mess up all of the Mac hard drive and the drivers themselves?
Mount the EFI partition, show all files, remove the EFI partition and boot files installed by the Clover installer in the EFI partition.
Re-install Clover Legacy Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back